Bolt On gen V Viper vs. ByDesign Stage 4 991 TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Shipwreck is on a distinguished road
So your 5th gen viper has H/C? That would make a lot more sense. I never considered heads and cam a bolt-on modification, but then again I've never owned a viper.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:03 AM
v10tt has a spectacular aura aboutv10tt has a spectacular aura about
No, the Viper in the Video has Full exhaust, no cats, KN filters and HP tune. Stock heads, cam etc.
600 rwhp.

The Heads and cam set up would be a better race vs a stage 4 on race gas I would think.
They make 50 to 120 more rwhp than a bolt on car depending on whose set up you go with.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Ive race bolt on vipers from a 40mph when I had my Stage 2 no intercoolers and the results are about dead even. When I switched to intercoolers and a little hotter tune, my car would walk away from a bolt on viper from a roll and not even a contest from a dig. With my stage 4 its a slaughter.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Needs to be HP tuned with full bolt ons which will put it in the 600+ rwhp range, I went from the Arrow PCM tune (factory can tune)with full bolt ons, which is 90% of the "tuned" vipers outhere,to the HP tuned and picked up 60 rwhp, big difference. More increase in the mid range, about 80 rwhp.

That and 400 more rpms on top end, I can shift now at 6750 rpms. Car is a lot faster. AND you need to powershift all your gears and be on your A+ game. Driver makes a huge difference on these manual cars.

Last edited by v10tt; 11-15-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM
MarkBlackwell, how do you do from a roll vs. a full bolt on GTR on E85, and you on pump gas tune?

Old 11-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Ive never raced one from a roll, I can tell you that my car will beat a alpha9 I know that. From a roll or a dig. I do agree that HP tuners is the way to go Ive got a 2016 Camaro that my wife races and were gonna put a pro charger on it and tune it with HP.

Last edited by Markblackwell; 11-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:03 PM
slowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant futureslowhatch has a brilliant future
Good pull brother

Old 11-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Getting a similar set-up...see ya soon in Mexico!

Manuel

Old 04-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Ran this Viper today, I now have a Stage 4 and the Viper has a head and cam set-up. The Viper pulled 2-3 cars on me. Great guy and very fast car!

Adam, don't underestimate 🙃

Manuel

Old 04-17-2017, 05:38 AM
Just to clarify , on the original Video the viper just had bolt ons at 585 rwhp SAE, now it has a Calvo Motorsports heads and cam with 693 rwhp and 654 rwTQ SAE on 93 octane.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v10tt
Just to clarify , on the original Video the viper just had bolt ons at 585 rwhp SAE, now it has a Calvo Motorsports heads and cam with 693 rwhp and 654 rwTQ SAE on 93 octane.

WOW! That is stout!

Old 04-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Ran this Viper today, I now have a Stage 4 and the Viper has a head and cam set-up. The Viper pulled 2-3 cars on me. Great guy and very fast car!

Adam, don't underestimate 🙃

Manuel

Any vids of the run?

Old 04-17-2017, 02:32 PM
The Stage 4 still has some fine tuning to be done...stay tuned and then the 109 tune!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Ive never raced one from a roll, I can tell you that my car will beat a alpha9 I know that. From a roll or a dig. I do agree that HP tuners is the way to go Ive got a 2016 Camaro that my wife races and were gonna put a pro charger on it and tune it with HP.

Beat a Alpha 9 on pump vs pump or 109 vs pump etc?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor
Brian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to behold
Nice runs!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.