VBox runs 991 Porsche Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
VBox runs 991 Porsche Turbo S

A couple people have asked for my Vbox runs from the other day at the strip I am pretty sure I posted a couple of them on one of the threads but here are the 60-130 100-200 and a couple others. These runs were done at Sacramento raceway around 3pm on a sticky track with sticky tires at 27 psi. I have also posted one of the runs that shows the issues we were dealing with but I wanted to show everyone what kind of acceleration this thing has, Have you ever seen a 991 TTS every pull over 1.7G's after a botched launch? me neither cant wait to get everything ironed out.

We should pick up a little more on the big end and hopefully a whole lot at the start,fingers crossed.

Attached Images    
Old 05-24-2017, 04:56 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing! Great results!
What exactly did you do to your car?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:29 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
I assume this is 109 and meth on top.. awesome numbers mark.

I really want to see someone push development of e85 on the 991, it would be a gamechanger.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DanWeber
Thanks for sharing! Great results!
What exactly did you do to your car?
Thanks Dan

By Design Sam
IPD plenum and Y pipe
Champion Inter coolers
Kline Inconel headers and exhaust
By Design/Tial 68's Vtg's
Jon Bray motor work, Carrillo rods, cnc heads with Inconel valves, stage 1 cams.
Snow performance meth kit
DSS axels
Dodson clutch upgrade
Cobb Access port for Tuning
Speed Gallery Auto

Basically Everyone above has put many hours into collaboration of putting this package together to push the 991 TTS envelope further and further, I can tell you there is no one out there that knows anymore than these guys about this platform.

Sam is the man if you need anything he is the guy putting all this together he is working with every vendor he know more about this platform then Im sure he wants to know. He has spend endless hours on these cars personally putting my car back together more than a few times, so if you ever need anything he will be there for you.

Originally Posted by pdxm5
I assume this is 109 and meth on top.. awesome numbers mark.

I really want to see someone push development of e85 on the 991, it would be a gamechanger.
Thanks man, we are still getting the race fuel version ironed out, we are currently testing the limits of this car right now, so even more power is out of the question right now when I get everything dialed in the way I want it, maybe then we will mess with Ethanol but I don't think there is any headway really made on Ethanol yet It would be nice if someone would step up and solve it before I get to that point.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks Mark I'm lucky to have this team and as you well know from this morning the dedication is just so comforting spearheaded by Cobb Tuning and our man Mitch! Sometimes it sucks being at the tip of the spear and you eat a lot of bugs! But I wouldn't have it any other way in the end and working with guys like yourself who have the same mentality makes it fun. That's the point. Once we go even faster we will be bored if we don't try to push more stuff LOL.

Matt's car who we got running on the SRM fueling and E85 went in for the monster build. John is sending the motor back this week! I'm excited to switch gears hopefully putting transmission development to bed and going back to fueling! No rest for the wicked as they say. It is funny trying to be "the wicked" and good dad/husband which is why building friendships becomes critical!

More to come out fast pace guys! Mr. Blackwell some electronic goodness will be in your mailbox by now! Let's get in the 4's on VTG's!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 05-25-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:32 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

Thanks man, we are still getting the race fuel version ironed out, we are currently testing the limits of this car right now, so even more power is out of the question right now when I get everything dialed in the way I want it, maybe then we will mess with Ethanol but I don't think there is any headway really made on Ethanol yet It would be nice if someone would step up and solve it before I get to that point.

Mark,

the main selling point of e85 is ease of use and cheap cost. The power of e85 vs racegas+meth can be debated.

Racegas $9-$20 gal and have to buy in barrels
e85 $3/gal and go down to your local station pump

the GTR platform is the benchmark right now, thousands (not a typo) e85 cars running around its like running racegas 100% of the time for same cost as pump gas and never having to fiddle with meth and storing racegas in your garage. With flexfuel its even better, mix any pump gas and Ethanol anytime and the car adjusts everything on the fly for you.

In my local car group we have over a dozen of guys (997.1, gtr, 4bangers) that run e85 100% daily. Nobody is going to run racegas daily due to cost and hassle, even all the UGR lambo guys i know run their cars on low 92oc map.

If someone could solve the e85 991 riddle (reliably) i guarantee you will see 30x of fast 991 builds going up, i would buy one same day.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yep! The other pusher is that we will simply need more fuel capacity anyhow for these cars now that we have some with built motors ready to go further.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:47 PM
easy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant future
Tell me more about the SRM fueling.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor
Hey man! Feel free to call for the long story but in short it works. We tuned Matt's car with it and dyno'd on E85 just about where we had it on 93/meth. I think it was 630-40 on a Mustang. Then we took the motor out and things went nuts! 1500 capable and it will come back next week. Then we pick up where we left off with it.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Nice figures man!!!

Where do u live?? It's very rare to see 0% slope.

I had that here where I live.. in Saudi Arabian on the Eastern porvince... Full flat area

And then I thought my vbox was shot... As no one would believe results with 0% slope.. so i tested it in Bahrain and gave me 0.3% slope reading. Otherwise it's doctored lol

Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdxm5
Mark,

the main selling point of e85 is ease of use and cheap cost. The power of e85 vs racegas+meth can be debated.

Racegas $9-$20 gal and have to buy in barrels
e85 $3/gal and go down to your local station pump

the GTR platform is the benchmark right now, thousands (not a typo) e85 cars running around its like running racegas 100% of the time for same cost as pump gas and never having to fiddle with meth and storing racegas in your garage. With flexfuel its even better, mix any pump gas and Ethanol anytime and the car adjusts everything on the fly for you.

In my local car group we have over a dozen of guys (997.1, gtr, 4bangers) that run e85 100% daily. Nobody is going to run racegas daily due to cost and hassle, even all the UGR lambo guys i know run their cars on low 92oc map.

If someone could solve the e85 991 riddle (reliably) i guarantee you will see 30x of fast 991 builds going up, i would buy one same day.
Great points on the fueling; however as we have discussed, it's pretty amazing what the 9A1+PDK cars on pump 91+meth can do against fully built AWD cars on ethanol.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Nice figures man!!!

Where do u live?? It's very rare to see 0% slope.

I had that here where I live.. in Saudi Arabian on the Eastern porvince... Full flat area

And then I thought my vbox was shot... As no one would believe results with 0% slope.. so i tested it in Bahrain and gave me 0.3% slope reading. Otherwise it's doctored lol
Thanks Man,
Nevada but that run was in sacramento.
yea I have no idea what the Vbox is doing, I turn it on and I turn it off every so often it comes back with 0 on all the slopes. I dont have time to doctor up anything. I run my cars anywhere any time anyplace, it is what it is, nor do I have the patience to screw with electronics.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:07 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Thanks Man,
Nevada but that run was in sacramento.
yea I have no idea what the Vbox is doing, I turn it on and I turn it off every so often it comes back with 0 on all the slopes. I dont have time to doctor up anything. I run my cars anywhere any time anyplace, it is what it is, nor do I have the patience to screw with electronics.
Enjoy it mate!!!

It's not 10% slope though.. right?

LoL J/K

Old 05-30-2017, 01:55 AM
rolemodel is on a distinguished road
Thanks Dan

By Design Sam
IPD plenum and Y pipe
Champion Inter coolers
Kline Inconel headers and exhaust
By Design/Tial 68's Vtg's
Jon Bray motor work, Carrillo rods, cnc heads with Inconel valves, stage 1 cams.
Snow performance meth kit
DSS axels
Dodson clutch upgrade
Cobb Access port for Tuning
Speed Gallery Auto

Basically Everyone above has put many hours into collaboration of putting this package together to push the 991 TTS envelope further and further, I can tell you there is no one out there that knows anymore than these guys about this platform.

Sam is the man if you need anything he is the guy putting all this together he is working with every vendor he know more about this platform then Im sure he wants to know. He has spend endless hours on these cars personally putting my car back together more than a few times, so if you ever need anything he will be there for you.

Wow all on stock turbo's that's moving a Bugatti SS does 60-130 in 5.2 seconds also 100-150 in 5.2 seconds as a reference.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:55 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rolemodel
Wow all on stock turbo's that's moving a Bugatti SS does 60-130 in 5.2 seconds also 100-150 in 5.2 seconds as a reference.
Sorry nope they are 68mm upgraded turbos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.