Spun the Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 09:13 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Spun the Dyno

Wow the stock PZero tires are terrible and I only have 4,000 miles on them. Finished my build (GIAC tune Champion intercoolers, Champion Tubi catless, Champion diverters, Tial 68mm turbos with HTZ wheel BMC filter and meth @ 100%) and went to dyno yesterday @ GIAC. They use a mustang load dyno.

Logs were amazing on low boost meth map (same file and mod combo that made 700 on the Champion dynojet a few months ago). Zero timing correction in any cyl, AFRs perfect and IATs were dropping as it neared redline at WOT (dropping from 35 to 30c). No misfires of any kind or any other issues. And the car drives perfect...like a stock car but a tad more aggressive with the Tubi which is likely the quietest catless you can get. A perfect mod combo IMHO.

So the only issue experienced was that the car would start spinning the dyno so I didn't get an optimal reading. GIAC is working on a file to provide a little more timing up top for a few extra HP but to see the full potential I'm going to need to install the R888's I have sitting at the shop.

Cheers.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Congrats!!..Gonna be interesting to see how it runs against the silver bullet

Old 05-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Subscribed!

Old 05-27-2017, 02:25 PM
135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of135hoser has much to be proud of
Nice choice of mods. I've been thinking about getting my feet wet with a tubi catless. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

These stock p-zeros barely hold on launching the car from a stop in its stock setup. I couldn't imagine them doing well on a setup like yours with upgraded turbos and supplemental fueling.

Any ballpark as to where you are sitting at for whp? you said 700whp for low boost + meth) how does high boost look? 780?

Sounds like an absolute blast. I hope the R888's work out well for you!

Old 05-27-2017, 03:39 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Wow the stock PZero tires are terrible and I only have 4,000 miles on them. Finished my build (GIAC tune Champion intercoolers, Champion Tubi catless, Champion diverters, Tial 68mm turbos with HTZ wheel BMC filter and meth @ 100%) and went to dyno yesterday @ GIAC. They use a mustang load dyno.

Logs were amazing on low boost meth map (same file and mod combo that made 700 on the Champion dynojet a few months ago). Zero timing correction in any cyl, AFRs perfect and IATs were dropping as it neared redline at WOT (dropping from 35 to 30c). No misfires of any kind or any other issues. And the car drives perfect...like a stock car but a tad more aggressive with the Tubi which is likely the quietest catless you can get. A perfect mod combo IMHO.

So the only issue experienced was that the car would start spinning the dyno so I didn't get an optimal reading. GIAC is working on a file to provide a little more timing up top for a few extra HP but to see the full potential I'm going to need to install the R888's I have sitting at the shop.

Cheers.
Nice! Once you upgrade the Turbos you need the R888/ if you want to put down all the power

Old 05-27-2017, 03:41 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 135hoser
Nice choice of mods. I've been thinking about getting my feet wet with a tubi catless. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

These stock p-zeros barely hold on launching the car from a stop in its stock setup. I couldn't imagine them doing well on a setup like yours with upgraded turbos and supplemental fueling.

Any ballpark as to where you are sitting at for whp? you said 700whp for low boost + meth) how does high boost look? 780?

The Tubi catless race exhaust is an amazing exhaust. I love mine. No drone and a beautiful sound.

You cannot put down 780 wheel HP without upgrading the PDK with Dodson.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:08 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nanook
Congrats!!..Gonna be interesting to see how it runs against the silver bullet

That's the goal my friend. This morning I went out on pump mode with 91 in the tank and did a couple 6.0 6-130's in my "spot". These are the same results I get from the silver bullet on 91+meth. Interestingly both cars made almost the exact same power on the GIAC dyno on pump mode - 600. But they achieve the results differently. The 997 is quicker under 100 and the 991 has more over 100.

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Subscribed!

Originally Posted by 135hoser

Thx. I am digging the Tubi catless as it allows for terrific flow (from being catless) and is surprisingly very quiet - almost as quiet as stock if you can believe it. I had no idea this was possible.

The PZeros are pretty fun right now...sideways haha PSM off I can get the rear end like 90 deg out full opposite lock.

I do my dyno testing at GIAC. It's a mustang load dyno and reads low compared to other mustang dyno's Ive been on. Same parts / tune on another 991 read about 50 higher on Champion's dynojet. Today's test was 600 wheel on the GIAC dyno 60-130 was 6 flat. 100-200's were 5.2.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
The Tubi catless race exhaust is an amazing exhaust. I love mine. No drone and a beautiful sound.

You cannot put down 780 wheel HP without upgrading the PDK with Dodson.

Yeah I'm thinking 690-700 GIAC dyno / 740-750 Champion dyno jet would see the limit.

Last edited by longboarder; 05-29-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:40 AM
blkonblk88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Strap it down better and use some VHT. Shouldn't spin. Worse case throw someone in the back seat. Can't wait to see this thing dialed in.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by blkonblk88
Strap it down better and use some VHT. Shouldn't spin. Worse case throw someone in the back seat. Can't wait to see this thing dialed in.

Thx brother that's a good idea. I was thinking of dropping the tire pressure down to 30psi. Or I should prob just get some ***** and put on the r888's (that will fix it no doubt) but am enjoying how quiet my car is now haha.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:00 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx brother that's a good idea. I was thinking of dropping the tire pressure down to 30psi. Or I should prob just get some ***** and put on the r888's (that will fix it no doubt) but am enjoying how quiet my car is now haha.
Why not pick up a second set of wheels?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by _ace_
Why not pick up a second set of wheels?
Good question and I have thought about it but would assume it would be hard to find a set of rear only 991.1 Turbo S centerlocks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.