Launching a Stage 4 car on Stock PZero N0 Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Haha I'd be happy with 140. But I'll likely never know as I actually have no interest in going to the drag strip. The prepped surface makes it very hard on cars like ours with upgraded power. I'll keep it limited to the airstrip where the crappy surface allows for enough tire spin to prevent anything from breaking.
Funny you say this..I had the same though last Friday when asked when I might return to the strip..I already know what the car will do..it won't get any faster as I've not done any mods since the last trip so what IS likely to happen are three things:
1) I'll run as fast or slower
2) I may break something
3) Some young feller with a Civic with 6 turbos will take me out..

So my track days may be limited to the odd private rental...when I need to re-impress myself as to just how fast Turbo Tom really is,,,

Old 06-27-2017, 08:19 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Well done Adam!

I guess that's great news

Should come to visit you on this forum now ha? LooL

Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Well done Adam!

I guess that's great news

Should come to visit you on this forum now ha? LooL

What we don't get enough love together in our "private chat room"

Old 06-27-2017, 08:04 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
What we don't get enough love together in our "private chat room"
Looking forward to see what progress you make on this car man.. you deserve the best

Old 06-28-2017, 10:18 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Looking forward to see what progress you make on this car man.. you deserve the best

There's no emoji to express my love for you.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:26 AM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road
UPDATE: see post 7 below for results on 91+meth. Results below on straight 91 octane.

Well today I said goodbye to my 997.2. That car treated me well and I'll never forget it. It's off to an awesome new owner who is a member and 991 Turbo S owner.

Anyway with my 991 I have attempted to match the 997.2's performance with and Champion catless exhaust, intercoolers and turbos (68mm), GIAC tune and meth injection. I'm still on the stock PZero N0 tires and they are fine when the car is stock but they are definitely at their limits when the car is tuned.

I did order a set of R888's for the rear but I'm only going to put them on for a half mile event and testing before-hand. Otherwise those things are pretty loud and don't last long on the street.

So anyway I went out today on a private road which is a little uphill and did a couple dig runs just to see how it would do. I was expecting 0-60mph in the 3+ second range since the extra 200+ hp was going well beyond the traction capabilities of the PZero N0 tires. And I didn't change the air pressure. I was at 38psi for both front tires and 39 psi for both rear tires.

First try the car nearly went sideways and I was fighting the steering when a lot and peddling the throttle a little and ended up with a 2.6. Next run same thing and did a 2.6. For the third run I tried something a little different. Instead of peddling the throttle I just stayed into it WOT 100%. I was expecting to blow off the tires completely but instead was rewarded with a 2.4 seconds. The private road is short but I stayed in it long enough to reach 100mph at 5.6 seconds. About 2 tenths slower than my 997.2 Not bad for pump 91 tho.

I figure with the R888's and race gas/race map which has another 50-60hp it should be good for 0-60 in the low 2's and 0-100mph in 5.3-5.4 range. Hopefully it's enough to out run a 918 in the half mile.

But for now I am pretty amazed at how quick the car was able to launch with these tires.

Cheers.
Great! How, exactly, did you launch the car (launch control, PSM off, etc.)?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Great! How, exactly, did you launch the car (launch control, PSM off, etc.)?
Hey Richard, for now we have the exact same mods and tune so our cars should perform the same.

My results achieved in both posts 1 and 7 were achieved by using Launch Control. Sport Plus on with stability control deactivated. My right foot pinning the throttle to the floor while keeping the car pointed straight (the car wanted to go left for the first 60 feet). Tire pressure were high 30's for post 1 and 35 for post 7.

It will help if you could practice on the street in a safe place. Private road if you can find one. That will make it a lot easier and familiar if you go to the drag strip or one of the half mile race events.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, incredible results!

Old 06-30-2017, 05:46 AM
cfpchfc1 is on a distinguished road
Hey Richard, for now we have the exact same mods and tune so our cars should perform the same.

My results achieved in both posts 1 and 7 were achieved by using Launch Control. Sport Plus on with stability control deactivated. My right foot pinning the throttle to the floor while keeping the car pointed straight (the car wanted to go left for the first 60 feet). Tire pressure were high 30's for post 1 and 35 for post 7.

It will help if you could practice on the street in a safe place. Private road if you can find one. That will make it a lot easier and familiar if you go to the drag strip or one of the half mile race events.
Thanks Adam! I had not tried that and I've been looking for a way to do that.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Thanks Adam! I had not tried that and I've been looking for a way to do that.
When is your next event? I know your car is capable of 10.0 - 10.1 at over 140 as it sits on the stock rubber.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.