Launching a Stage 4 car on Stock PZero N0 Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Launching a Stage 4 car on Stock PZero N0 Tires

UPDATE: see post 7 below for results on 91+meth. Results below on straight 91 octane.

Well today I said goodbye to my 997.2. That car treated me well and I'll never forget it. It's off to an awesome new owner who is a member and 991 Turbo S owner.

Anyway with my 991 I have attempted to match the 997.2's performance with and Champion catless exhaust, intercoolers and turbos (68mm), GIAC tune and meth injection. I'm still on the stock PZero N0 tires and they are fine when the car is stock but they are definitely at their limits when the car is tuned.

I did order a set of R888's for the rear but I'm only going to put them on for a half mile event and testing before-hand. Otherwise those things are pretty loud and don't last long on the street.

So anyway I went out today on a private road which is a little uphill and did a couple dig runs just to see how it would do. I was expecting 0-60mph in the 3+ second range since the extra 200+ hp was going well beyond the traction capabilities of the PZero N0 tires. And I didn't change the air pressure. I was at 38psi for both front tires and 39 psi for both rear tires.

First try the car nearly went sideways and I was fighting the steering when a lot and peddling the throttle a little and ended up with a 2.6. Next run same thing and did a 2.6. For the third run I tried something a little different. Instead of peddling the throttle I just stayed into it WOT 100%. I was expecting to blow off the tires completely but instead was rewarded with a 2.4 seconds. The private road is short but I stayed in it long enough to reach 100mph at 5.6 seconds. About 2 tenths slower than my 997.2 Not bad for pump 91 tho.

I figure with the R888's and race gas/race map which has another 50-60hp it should be good for 0-60 in the low 2's and 0-100mph in 5.3-5.4 range. Hopefully it's enough to out run a 918 in the half mile.

But for now I am pretty amazed at how quick the car was able to launch with these tires.

Cheers.

Attached Images  

Last edited by longboarder; 06-26-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:10 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Congrats...2.4 secs 0-60 is a crazy time..these things in stage IV guise are monsters at launch...not much can touch you (us)..keep us posted when you run some go-juice through it

Old 06-20-2017, 06:52 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
What was it with no roll out? Here was mine at Stage 4 on the county road with 1 foot roll out and without after I got all the issues sorted and had the new N1s.

Attached Images   
Old 06-20-2017, 11:38 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nanook
Congrats...2.4 secs 0-60 is a crazy time..these things in stage IV guise are monsters at launch...not much can touch you (us)..keep us posted when you run some go-juice through it

Yup looking forward to testing it on race mode soon. Need to suck it up and pay up for the good stuff MS109 Is that what you used when you hit your 140 trap?

Originally Posted by wrs
What was it with no roll out? Here was mine at Stage 4 on the county road with 1 foot roll out and without after I got all the issues sorted and had the new N1s.

Hey William - yes roll out (like everyone tests it). You had a great result result for your power level with the N1's. When mine wear out I'm not sure if I will try the N1's, Cup2's or Trofeo's for street driving. Airstrip will get the r888's for sure.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=longboarder;4644891]Yup looking forward to testing it on race mode soon. Need to suck it up and pay up for the good stuff MS109 Is that what you used when you hit your 140 trap?

Yup MS109...Sam has a tune in the can he did for me...gave it some kind of Nanook moniker (although I recall you run a GIAC tune ? )
You guys at sea level have a good thing going for ya..bol setting some good numbers

Old 06-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, how would your projected results with r888 tires compare with your 997.2?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:43 PM
lol @ me. For the run above my meth tank was empty. Assume it emptied at the track a couple weeks ago and I don't have an indicator light.

So anyway I got around to checking the logs on the run above and the intake temps were insane and they should be a little higher than ambient with meth flowing so I filled the tank with meth and went out this afternoon to another private road - this one is uphill by quite a lot and ripped off the quickest 0-100mph I have ever done! Never been 5.3X !

I thought these tires were terrible?!?! Actually they are. I did drop pressures down to 36 Front and 35 Rear.

Shooting for 0-100mph in the high 4's with the R888s. If I can do that I don't think there is much out there that could catch this car in a half mile event given the insane top end it has.

Cheers.

Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2017, 04:03 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Nice! Congrats!

Old 06-26-2017, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=Nanook;4644959]
Originally Posted by longboarder
Yup looking forward to testing it on race mode soon. Need to suck it up and pay up for the good stuff MS109 Is that what you used when you hit your 140 trap?

Yup MS109...Sam has a tune in the can he did for me...gave it some kind of Nanook moniker (although I recall you run a GIAC tune ? )
You guys at sea level have a good thing going for ya..bol setting some good numbers

Ok so MS109 but no meth right?

Originally Posted by Stage7
Nice, how would your projected results with r888 tires compare with your 997.2?

Given the results this weekend of improving the 0-100mph to 5.39 seconds (after figuring out my meth was not flowing), my 991 is now quicker than my 997.2 up to 100 mph. The fact that the 991 accomplished this on stock tires at 35psi is pretty insane. I'm not sure what will happen when I put on the r888's but I'm assuming it will get even quicker

Originally Posted by DanWeber
Nice! Congrats!

Thx Dan!

Old 06-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Correct..MS but no meth for me

Old 06-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
lol @ me. For the run above my meth tank was empty. Assume it emptied at the track a couple weeks ago and I don't have an indicator light.

So anyway I got around to checking the logs on the run above and the intake temps were insane and they should be a little higher than ambient with meth flowing so I filled the tank with meth and went out this afternoon to another private road - this one is uphill by quite a lot and ripped off the quickest 0-100mph I have ever done! Never been 5.3X !

I thought these tires were terrible?!?! Actually they are. I did drop pressures down to 36 Front and 35 Rear.

Shooting for 0-100mph in the high 4's with the R888s. If I can do that I don't think there is much out there that could catch this car in a half mile event given the insane top end it has.

Cheers.
I think he is starting to believe, Congrats Adam Awesome times

Old 06-26-2017, 03:43 PM
Correct..MS but no meth for me

Hitting 140 without meth is very impressive. Your set up is working very well my friend.

Originally Posted by Markblackwell

Thx Mark. Just watch, I put on R888's and the car gets slower

Right now everything feels perfect and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the airstrip. But so far I've only tested it on pump mode at 600 wheel (same power level as 997.2). While I'm eager to see what it can do on race mode @ 650+ wheelHP on sticky tires, I will be cognizant of clutch slippage and anything unusual. If any of that stuff happens, I'm gonna turn it down and leave these stock tires on it.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks Adam..I'd think you should be high 140's with tires, meth and altitude..go break some hearts...............again

Old 06-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Thanks Adam..I'd think you should be high 140's with tires, meth and altitude..go break some hearts...............again

Haha I'd be happy with 140. But I'll likely never know as I actually have no interest in going to the drag strip. The prepped surface makes it very hard on cars like ours with upgraded power. I'll keep it limited to the airstrip where the crappy surface allows for enough tire spin to prevent anything from breaking.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

LOL! Like a young disciple slowly becoming more and more of a devout follower that will eventually not be shaken!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.