Cquartz or Film?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:52 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Cquartz or Film?

My 911 Turbo seems to have some softer than usual paint prone to scuffing.
Brand new it came in scuffed, and I even requested from them to leave the wrap on for delivery. It's really just the surface, and a paint correction will solve it with no problems.

Anyway, do you have film on some cars and no film on another? How does it age? Does the obviousness of how the film changes the look of the paint disappear after a while?

Same thing for Cquartz or ceramic "coatings". Do you have it on some cars but not others? How does it really hold up. Do you find that the product makes your paint more durable? Does it help your rims stay cleaner?

And finally are ceramic coatings and film compatible with each other?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I've had my car wrapped since new in July of '14 with Expel Ultimate.

I absolutely love it. In a light front end collision the only thing that the car needed was a new front-bumper wrap.

I don't think I'd put CQuartz on the paint prior to wrapping... could just be wasted money.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:09 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Ceramic coating would be applied over the Xpel. They are compatible and this is done often

Old 06-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Former Vendor
LUSTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
My 911 Turbo seems to have some softer than usual paint prone to scuffing.
Brand new it came in scuffed, and I even requested from them to leave the wrap on for delivery. It's really just the surface, and a paint correction will solve it with no problems.

Anyway, do you have film on some cars and no film on another? How does it age? Does the obviousness of how the film changes the look of the paint disappear after a while?

Same thing for Cquartz or ceramic "coatings". Do you have it on some cars but not others? How does it really hold up. Do you find that the product makes your paint more durable? Does it help your rims stay cleaner?

And finally are ceramic coatings and film compatible with each other?
The film aesthetics are very subjective. Some people hate it, others love it and many don't notice a difference between different film brands. From our experience, Suntek looks the best in terms of texture/orange peel, but again, this can be subjective.

It does disappear after a while and even initially it's not something that you simply notice, especially if you're doing the entire car. If using Suntek (or other film that looks really good in terms of texture) you really won't notice it much and it won't be so obviously different compared to just paint.

Ceramic coatings are different than film in that you really won't notice any negative aspect once applied. The car will simply be more glossy and most people really like it. The characteristics and benefits are just too great to pick a wax for "looks". It holds up really well with proper maintenance and it definitely helps paint as well as wheels stay cleaner and easier to clean. As for making paint durable, yes and no. It won't make it scratch resistant and it still needs to be cared for, but it will make care much easier and thus help eliminate many swirl marks/scuffing.

Lastly, coatings and films are compatible to an extent. Some films these days (most/all will be like this soon) now come with a hydrophobic property. This makes coatings act weird sometimes upon application, so either the film may need some polishing/prep before coating or you leave it alone until the film actually degrades in terms of hydrophobic ability.

Hope that helps!
Ivan @ Lustr

Old 06-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Ceramic coating would be applied over the Xpel. They are compatible and this is done often
+1 this is how my car is done...

Old 06-28-2017, 10:07 AM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
Just wondering if film can be applied to clear engine covers e.g. For Ferraris?
Only concern if engine heat will affect it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.