Power levels on different stages?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 03:48 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Easy, i've got lots of information I can share with you if you like anytime. Too much to post even. Also things can be misleading. I have personally been there for a nine second quarter mile and 138 mph with stock turbo chargers. After much frustration from someone who lied about doing it we were on a mission and got it done. But there was a lot involved in making that happen. So each stage can have its own level of dedication/rewards and the best thing to do is really set it up to fit your needs. We have enough experience to look at it this way now. Especially after the Pike's Peak International Hillclimb! Hope that helps!

Who did 138 on the stock 991 turbo chargers? The fastest trap was 135-136 from what I recall.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Uri and I at Redlist after the EGear fiasco.
Sorry 137.7 and 136.8
9.9 and 10.0

I swear we ran a 10.1 at 138 but I have to take that slip up. We are on a mission to run a 9. The video is on my Instagram account.

Just shows how things can vary. We were about 100 pounds lighter than stock and running methanol on R888R's. We were going to go crazy with that car but then he got a .2 and we did Steve three hardware. That car was pretty quick also. Ran 170+ from the back at Omega in AZ! Now that car is also gone and he got a GTS Targa (he works hard and moves around a lot haha). Pretty bad *** car!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 07-03-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Ok yeah I remember the 136.X on the 9-sec pass and remembered there was a faster mph before the clutches or whatever happened to end the session but didn't remember it actually being a 138. As I recall my old 997.2 at 138.9 is the only stock turbocharger 3.8DI car to ever go 138+. Anyway 137.7 is fantastic with the small stockers. Bet Uri misses the car.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yeah we've got a few 997.2 cars running 138+. Those turbo chargers are considerably larger and more capable stock on both the hot and the cold side.

I will find the slip we did hit 138. Then we started lowering tire pressure etc...Trap dropped a bit and we got our 9.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 07-03-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Yeah we've got a few 997.2 cars running 138+. Those turbo chargers are considerably larger and more capable stock on both the hot and the cold side.

I will find the slip we did hit 138. Then we started lowering tire pressure etc...Trap dropped a bit and we got our 9.
You are referring to ecpChris' car? The time we were all at Famoso back in early 2016? That car ran Xona turbos meth, catless, race gas, and I saw it at bbi with the motor out so maybe it had other stuff I dunno. It went 138.6 with a nice tail wind and negative DA.

From memory, there have been 3 997.2's worldwide to do a 138.X trap with a slip to back it up. Chris above, and there was Efi's GIAC/Champion 68mm Turbo S convertible that was the first 997.2 to hit 138 when it went 138.0 back in late 2014 no meth with MS109. And then mine doing 138.9 at Fontana a few months ago being the only one with stock turbochargers and did it on pump 91 gas + meth on catted exhaust.

If there are other 3.8DI cars with stock turbochargers that have hit 138.X I must have missed their posts.

ES Motors is going to have at least two stock turbocharger cars in the 140's soon. They've done it on the vbox and looking forward to when they hit the strip.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Former Vendor
Yeah they have been hard to keep track of. I didn't mean Chris as he has larger turbo's. A few cars form last year one from X performance in the ME and another I just can't recall. I am pretty sure Emre had done it too. For some it just becomes hard to duplicate and they chase it and break things as you know. Some cars never made 9 seconds and some were just over it so no more data. Anything over 135 and below 10.2 is pretty fast though. I bet if more guys ran a VBOX we would see more MPH form other events. Like when Nigel ran 142+ with his 65mm VTG's and 10.1 on the airstrip before the drag strip. And on the strip when you run for ET you lose a few MPH for sure. hard to compare. I got so close to running a 9 on the air strip so many times but it would never quite happen. Lots of 10.0's and 10.1's with more MPH though.

But my main point is that weight set up and lock have a lot to do with it sometimes. Sometimes it just can't be duplicated some of the best ever runs aren't the ones to look at. I think we have the fastest stock turbo 991 ever but it was not set up the way everybody would do it. There was even more we could do it adds up.

What did you get for ET on your 138+ run?

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 07-03-2017 at 10:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.