Service on a 991.1 TTS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 09:21 AM
trek737 has a spectacular aura abouttrek737 has a spectacular aura about
Service on a 991.1 TTS...

My 2015 991 TTS is three years old next month with 9000 miles. The P dealer that I normally use said I needed new spark plugs, brake flush and an oil change. I called another P dealer in town and he said all I need is an oil change.

Anyone know which is correct as I am out on business and away from the car manual.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
Porsche recommends a brake fluid flush every two years. I would do the oil change and brake flush and skip the spark plugs.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
Also, your not driving it enough. Stop saving it for the next owner and enjoy it!

Old 10-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Good advice on brake fluid. Brake fluid is hydrophilic, so it need to be changed regularly even in a low-mileage car. I would also skip the spark plugs.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:24 PM
cliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant futurecliffd has a brilliant future
Spark plugs at 30k...

Just had it done. Air filter at 40k.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Agreed no plugs unless you are running high boost or lots of mods.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:16 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Any dealer telling you to do plugs on a stock with 9k miles would not be my dealer much longer...

Old 10-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jim M.
Porsche recommends a brake fluid flush every two years. I would do the oil change and brake flush and skip the spark plugs.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jim M.
Also, your not driving it enough. Stop saving it for the next owner and enjoy it!
...I totally agree... I bought the M4 to be my DD and to use for the employee parking lot at the airport as I did not want to park the TTS there. But after a year and half with the M I have decided to sell it and make the TTS my DD and park it at the terminal for a daily fee. Just waiting on someone to buy it...

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Good advice on brake fluid. Brake fluid is hydrophilic, so it need to be changed regularly even in a low-mileage car. I would also skip the spark plugs.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by cliffd
Just had it done. Air filter at 40k.
I will be waiting to 30K... Thank you!

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Thanks!

Originally Posted by r11rs
Any dealer telling you to do plugs on a stock with 9k miles would not be my dealer much longer...
Yes I have to agree with you. I have not been impressed with this dealership. They are the closest one to my home. I was on their GT3 waiting list and after waiting 9 months I told them I'm changing my order to a TTS. They were firm on MSRP so I went else where... Ironically they are Houston's only "Premier Porsche Dealer." After hearing other stories on them I am wondering how they got this status... Their price for the spark plug change was $1200.00.

You guys are awesome for all of your feedback. Much appreciated...

Old 10-26-2017, 07:08 PM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
I've almost driven 9k this year since April. Mind you, about half that time was with the gas pedal at least halfway down.

Drive more. Use more throttle. Enjoy the car!

Plugs? pffft. Wait until the car has 60k miles on it.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by solipsistik
I've almost driven 9k this year since April. Mind you, about half that time was with the gas pedal at least halfway down.

Drive more. Use more throttle. Enjoy the car!

Plugs? pffft. Wait until the car has 60k miles on it.

Glad to hear you are still fully enjoying your car! It could be said that it may be one if not the best all around street sports car for the money!

Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by r11rs
100% agree with this statement . . .

Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 PM
911tts-LA is a name known to all911tts-LA is a name known to all911tts-LA is a name known to all911tts-LA is a name known to all911tts-LA is a name known to all911tts-LA is a name known to all
I am also thinking of brake fluid flush. Can I get your help/opinion?

I do not track but I do not mind spending a little bit more. Is Castrol SRF racing brake fluid overkill? Is there anything just as good? Thanks.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:02 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Similar situation, just hit 20k but on 4 years comes August. I'll probably do the plugs. Is it worth doing the coils while the job is being done, they are another 288 on suncoast.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Porsche mechanic at a porsche dealer in CO when I picked up my car (private sell) said the coils in these cars are not like the older models (Mezger cars) and do not need replaced much at all. I was glad to hear that. Seems that helps the plugs last as well.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:50 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Porsche maintenance manual dictates as follows:
Normal 911 - plugs every 40,000 miles OR 4 years.

911 Turbo beast - plugs every 30,000 miles OR 3 years.
Checked the manual today. Your service consultant is correct.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.