Video - Half Mile Races vs 8 and 9 second Bikes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:11 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I don't think there is a more well rounded car than the Porsche turbo for my taste. It really does everything so well and competes with everything with minimal mods.

I have a Huracan and absolutely love it. I plan on leaving it stock as it is quick enough for me. Nonetheless, I still enjoy seeing how the turbo evolves.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:10 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I see you're at it again Adam, swatting bike and not taking any prisoners!! Hahaha great vid! Your car's are always dialed in!

Old 11-30-2017, 09:20 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
I see you're at it again Adam, swatting bike and not taking any prisoners!! Hahaha great vid! Your car's are always dialed in!
Thx brother. It took me a while to dial in the 991 GT3 as well - in this case the only mod is the alignment. A couple trips to the track and back and forth to GMG and I think we finally have the alignment dialed in for my personal style. Hope you are enjoying yours.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:07 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PSTT07
I don't think there is a more well rounded car than the Porsche turbo for my taste. It really does everything so well and competes with everything with minimal mods.

I have a Huracan and absolutely love it. I plan on leaving it stock as it is quick enough for me. Nonetheless, I still enjoy seeing how the turbo evolves.
I love my 991 TTS and I just got this, but it's getting an ESS blower setup...no way stock for me - not when my 991 is still faster.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:19 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx brother. It took me a while to dial in the 991 GT3 as well - in this case the only mod is the alignment. A couple trips to the track and back and forth to GMG and I think we finally have the alignment dialed in for my personal style. Hope you are enjoying yours.
Great runs and nice kills!

Those bikes, every one of them, should have eaten your lunch off the line, but you really need to know how to drag race bikes to keep them from lifting and killing yourself.

Guys like Ricky Gadson have run big heavy pig bikes, like Kawasaki Concours 14's down the strip, in 10 seconds, and they weigh over 620 LBS dry at only 160 HP, shaft-driven.

Stock ZX14's @ 180 HP or so, with a stretch a and slam will run mid 9's with the right rider...and that's with an under 2 second 0-60. The only reason you got beat by some of them, was due to the sheer power they produced, not by the riding skills. Not to say they can't ride, but motorcycle drag racing is a real art form. Once you manage to get rolling with 280 HP on a 450 lb bike, even launching a few seconds behind your 991...nothing can catch you.

The big trick is to get it going right off the line, the hardest and most dangerous part of drag racing bikes!

Old 12-02-2017, 06:58 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
I love my 991 TTS and I just got this, but it's getting an ESS blower setup...no way stock for me - not when my 991 is still faster.
Bro that's amazing!!! Would love to see more pics including the ESS blower setup. I really like ESS and recall a long conversation I had with AJ back in 2013 at a Shift Sector event when he was making the kit for his personal R8v10....I considered getting one to become one of their prototype customers, but bought a 997.2 TTS instead.

Yeah every one of those bikes would have likely beat me on a prepped surface. They, like the 8 and 9 second GTR's that show up just can't launch hard on the airstrip. I had a blast seeing if they could run me down. Riders were all very cool we had a great time and look forward to the next event.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.