Video - Half Mile Races vs 8 and 9 second Bikes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:49 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Video - Half Mile Races vs 8 and 9 second Bikes

Two airstrip events in two weekends...I'm tired. Fixed the throttle body boot with a larger clamp after it kept coming off at Shift Sector thanks to Emmanuele Design. And drove out to Bakersfield for OmegaMotorsports NoFlyZone Half Mile Event.

They had some insane bikes with terrific riders all the way down from BC Canada to join the fun and I got a few runs in with them.

The video shows how insane this car is. Kept hot lapping and even with a headwind hottest part of the day I went 178.57mph. Earlier in the day it was doing consistent 177's. Thanks GIAC and Champion!

Enjoy:

Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Damn, LB! This is the first vid i saw since your old car. That car is insane!

Old 11-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Wow impressive to say the least !!

Old 11-06-2017, 01:31 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Welcome to #Gapcity.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
The Power of the 991 TTS Great videos as always Adam.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:07 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Nice kills!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:39 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
What does your car run in the qtr mile with this setup?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:07 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PSTT07
What does your car run in the qtr mile with this setup?
I haven't been to the drag strip and likely won't go as the last time I went with my 997.2 i got kicked out after one run for going to quick/fast.

At the airstrip I can run all day long with no worries.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:56 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Understood...would love to see a heads up race against the 720s.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Understood...would love to see a heads up race against the 720s.

Agreed and in fact I asked the owner to race the 720S at Shift Sector, but the answer was no. It's ok everyone there who was watching knew what would have happened.

The owner of the 720S also brought his insane BBI built 4.0 motor/Dodson PDK Xona turbo and lightened 991 Turbo S which they say made over 800 wheel HP. Very believable since it trapped 179mph. That 991 would line up with the 720 S and the 991 had no problem beating it. So when I raced that built 991 and beat it (I have a vid , there was no point in me racing the 720 S.

No doubt the 720S is a beautiful and blindingly fast car from the factory, so it's pretty amazing what the right bolt on mods will do for the 991.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:18 PM
If you don't mind me asking...how much invested to extract this performance?

Old 11-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by longboarder
I haven't been to the drag strip and likely won't go as the last time I went with my 997.2 i got kicked out after one run for going to quick/fast.

At the airstrip I can run all day long with no worries.
NHRA rules are built for old muscle cars and are quite outdated for modern cars. It's unfortunate, but tracks still abide by them due to liability reasons.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 PM
If you don't mind me asking...how much invested to extract this performance?

Hi, it actually doesn't take much. The right combination of parts and tune make all the difference. Don't let people sell you things that aren't needed. On the 991 platform, the stock turbos are really small so a lot of people upgrade them.

I got everything as a package from Champion Motorsports in Florida, even though I'm in California and had a local shop do the install.

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
NHRA rules are built for old muscle cars and are quite outdated for modern cars. It's unfortunate, but tracks still abide by them due to liability reasons.

Agreed. The guys at Shift Sector have been experimenting with a tree so that they can provide ET in addition to MPH at their half mile events, which should bring out another element of fun!

Old 11-27-2017, 03:37 AM
Rohan Alexander will become famous soon enoughRohan Alexander will become famous soon enough
Longboarder thats super impressive! Keep the videos coming! Would love to see you race salomondrin 720s and vehicle virgins parkers supercharged Huracan. Hows this platform compared to your old 997.2?

Old 11-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Rohan Alexander
Longboarder thats super impressive! Keep the videos coming! Would love to see you race salomondrin 720s and vehicle virgins parkers supercharged Huracan. Hows this platform compared to your old 997.2?
Hi Rohan, thanks for the kind words.

I would very much like to run a 720S they are monsters. So the previous weekend to the NoFlyZone event discussed here, I attended the Shift Sector half mile event. There was a 720S and I asked the owner to race but he declined. I was hitting higher trap speeds and launching much harder so I'm guessing that's why. In fact we were in the same "class" Exotic cars with limited modifications and the results are listed in the attached pics. It was very hot and i dont think the 720's do very well in hot conditions. I'd like to race one on a cold day i think it would be close!

So you asked about supercharged Huracans and there were a couple at the NoFlyZone event claiming 900 horsepower. My trap speeds were consistent high 170's with a best of 178.6mph. The Huracans were quite a bit slower. The fastest one was low 170's. And they weren't launching anywhere near as hard as me, so wouldn't have been close. I did line up with one of them but the driver didnt get a good launch and so the race was over as soon as it began. None of the cars at the event were a good match. There was an Alpha 9 GTR and i gave him the launch and just rolled out a couple cars behind him and got him by maybe a car length. All the other races against cars were not close.

Both the 991 and 997.2 platforms as so potent with the right mods. They don't like to be pushed to the limit, just a nice safe conservative tune and good supporting mods and they will take care of you!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo348.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	516931   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo456.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	516932  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.