FlyingLRacing's 2017 PTS Amethyst Metallic Porsche 991.2 Turbo S BBi Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
BBiAutosport is an unknown quantity at this point
FlyingLRacing's 2017 PTS Amethyst Metallic Porsche 991.2 Turbo S BBi Exhaust Install

Attachment 1
FlyingLRacing's 2017 PTS Amethyst Metallic Porsche 991.2 Turbo S BBi Autosport Exhaust Install

Our good friends Flying L Racing recently brought by their newly acquired Porsche 991.2 Turbo S to have our BBi Autosport exhaust system with OEM Tips installed. Through the Porsche Exclusive program, the Amethyst Metallic (M4Z) color looked stunning in person. Here are some pictures of the car and installation process that we would like to share.

BBi Autosport Porsche 991.2 Turbo S Exhaust System

Features:
  • Delivers aggressive exhaust sound
  • Reduces restriction to increase horsepower, torque, and improve throttle response
  • Crossover X-Pipe to balance exhaust from each cylinder bank
  • Aerospace grade 304 stainless steel tubing
  • 3" diameter tubing throughout system
  • Meticulously TIG welded
  • Brushed stainless finish
  • Significant weight savings
  • HJS OBD2 compliant 200 cell catalytic converters
  • No CEL (Check Engine Light)
  • Direct bolt on replacement
  • Compatible with OEM exhaust tips
  • Optional brushed quad tips are available
  • Optional high temperature black ceramic coatings available
  • Handcrafted in the USA

Installation Process

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed. BBi Autosport products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific. BBi Autosport is always actively working to expand our dealer network worldwide to grow the distribution of our products and better serve our growing client base. For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com

Old 11-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
BBiAutosport is an unknown quantity at this point
Weight Difference 42lb vs 29lb

BBi 991.2 Exhaust Installed

Bumper Reinstalled

Old 12-03-2017, 03:26 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Would love to hear how it compares to stock.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:53 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I've seen and heard them all...and well BBI is the best in the business. For a catted exhaust there is no other option like this. Cats moved away from the turbos so lower EGTs and the cats also act as the muffler. Sounds like a GT car and no drone with a quiet cabin when just cruising low rpms.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:49 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
PM Me a price

2017 turbo

Old 12-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Looking forward to seeing what this car makes with the exhaust and an AP

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Barryc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Looking forward to seeing what this car makes with the exhaust and an AP

-Mitch
Hi Mitch - what is the ETA on the AP for the .2 cars?

thx,
Barry

Old 01-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Tom M'Guinn will become famous soon enoughTom M'Guinn will become famous soon enough
What happens to the "Symposer" set up with an exhaust like this?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I love the BBi stuff, and I was really excited to try one of these exhausts.

In the end, I think the sound out the back of the car was either the best of the 5-6 exhausts or close to it. It was certainly the best sounding of the systems with cats (outside the car).

Unfortunately I did encounter ~1700-2000 rpm drone in 6th/7th up a highway incline I used to head up every day... so out the exhaust went and on to the next one.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Visceral
I love the BBi stuff, and I was really excited to try one of these exhausts.

In the end, I think the sound out the back of the car was either the best of the 5-6 exhausts or close to it. It was certainly the best sounding of the systems with cats (outside the car).

Unfortunately I did encounter ~1700-2000 rpm drone in 6th/7th up a highway incline I used to head up every day... so out the exhaust went and on to the next one.
Really, yours had cats or catless? Mine has no cats and zero drone, although I must say it is loud, but I love loud...actually was thinking of doing the Kline straight pipes for the 1/2 mile events

Regards,

Manuel

Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
What happens to the "Symposer" set up with an exhaust like this?
Absolutely nothing. The symposer is on the intake side.

- Patrick

Old 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Tom M'Guinn will become famous soon enoughTom M'Guinn will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMNewton
Absolutely nothing. The symposer is on the intake side.

- Patrick
Oh, didn't know that. Too bad...

Old 03-05-2018, 02:19 PM
supergoji is on a distinguished road
professional shoot coming?

Old 03-31-2018, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
This thing is a little faster now

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 04-05-2018, 09:30 AM
pep71 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Weight Difference 42lb vs 29lb

BBi 991.2 Exhaust Installed

Bumper Reinstalled

Any details on this exhaust...I dont see anything on your website?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.