**Help 991.1 turbo s agency power intakes and Cobb issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 11:43 PM
Jspec997 is an unknown quantity at this point
**Help 991.1 turbo s agency power intakes and Cobb issues

Hey guys so I have a 991 turbo s. I installed a cobb app on it with pdk tuning. Worked just fine * note care at this point is 100% stock. Then I installed ap intakes, first drive with the intakes and BOOM CEL comes in codes are p0068 and p1074. I’ve gone through everything can’t find any vacuum leakes or any air leaks at all. So then uninstalled the Cobb ap and still throws codes. Then put stock airbox back on and STILL THROWS THE CODES. So at this point car is 100% stock and throws the codes. So took it to a shop had them look it over and install ipd plenum and ypipe at this point because I already had them. They also mention to me that they have seen this issue with Cobb on this car before. They used the Porsche computer tools to fully clear out the ecu and codes never came back. Then because I couldn’t possibly believe that the Cobb was the issue and reinstalled the Cobb and boom codes come right back! Anyone have any worth while I put on this? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Do not have any experience with the AP intake, but from what I have researched the AP and BL intakes actually make the car loose power...your best bet is the stock intake with the BMC filter. Regarding the Cobb, I would reach out to your tuner (Mitch) or directly to Cobb, their customer service is like no other and will quickly help you on your issue.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 01-02-2018, 08:41 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
It's interesting that the tuner companies say those intakes make power when at least two people I have talked to dyno tested and got less power out of them. Opinions as to why vary.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
The P0068 is a code that generally happens from larger diameter plenums that cause issues in mid range modeled air mass control in the stock ECU. We do have a beta fix for it for Boost Logic products for there turbo kits. As for intakes causing this issue, it is a first but undoubtedly is what is causing the issue if you have no other parts on. What I would do is to put the stock intake back on and clear the codes and flash back on the AP. All should be good.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help with.

-Mitch M

porsche.experts@cobbtuning.com

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US