GT2 RS Order confirmed, thought???

Old 05-02-2018, 11:18 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

yep +150 is what they wanted for me Porsche head office doesn't give a ****
LOL! Ferrari is worse. Maybe you should figure this is equivalent to buying a Lusso and losing your *** on it so you can get a Pista. Of course you already own a 488 in order to get a shot at the Pista so probably it's even more expensive with Ferrari.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:55 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
The GT cars hit way above their MSRP and in a free market society it's simply a supply/demand question and the market will dictate the true cost. Just like a Buick can go for 50% below MSRP, Porsche GT cars can go for 50% above MSRP. MSRP really doesn't matter it's simply a starting point.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:28 AM
RandyC54 will become famous soon enoughRandyC54 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by longboarder
The GT cars hit way above their MSRP and in a free market society it's simply a supply/demand question and the market will dictate the true cost. Just like a Buick can go for 50% below MSRP, Porsche GT cars can go for 50% above MSRP. MSRP really doesn't matter it's simply a starting point.
I know, I know. I just feel like Porsche sets an MSRP for a reason, and we get screwed when ADM is in there. Don't try to pull that "logical" or "reasonable" crap with me!

Old 05-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Porsche crates this all on there own, they know the supply and demand they should just ramp up production on those vehicles and then Porsche could put more money in there pocket instead of dealers. Im all about making money but its a little out of control.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RandyC54
I know, I know. I just feel like Porsche sets an MSRP for a reason, and we get screwed when ADM is in there. Don't try to pull that "logical" or "reasonable" crap with me!
lol. There are some things that aren't reasonable tho. Like a 991.2 GT3 going for $200k but a fairly low mileage 991.1 GT3's can be had for $120. No way even with a .1 with say 10k miles that a .2 is worth almost twice as much.

I dont understand the car market. But if i had the money sitting around I'd pay the premium on the GT2RS.

Last edited by longboarder; 05-03-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:47 AM
RandyC54 will become famous soon enoughRandyC54 will become famous soon enough
But if i had the money sitting around I'd pay the premium on the GT2RS.
I feel good about walking away from $150k over on the GT2RS. Instead, it makes it far easier to justify to myself spending more money on my already tuned TTS to make it more capable of running with the GT2RS. I'm about set with the suspension work, and I've cut a good bit of weight already, but Sam has still not gotten his hands on it, so I think there is plenty more room. Aero is also in my future! Check out this prepped car by TPC racing for more goals: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...itational.html

Old 05-06-2018, 12:35 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Hey guys:

You may recall me posting my dilemma about my 488 Spider. After all the procrastination I decided to keep it and enjoy driving it more often. Last week my friend and GM of the local Porsche dealer offered me an allocation for the new GT2 RS and I just couldn’t resist. It’s definately going to be a very special car.

I plan to take it to a half mile airfield event and see how she does. What do you guys think? 170mph?..

Also would be interested in your thoughts on the interior color. I’ve decided to go with the GT Silver exterior with the Weissach Package. The interior is where I’m struggling. The launch car has Red/Black alcantara interior. Pretty sexy, but very loud. My thoughts were to go Black, with yellow stitching and accents matching the yellow calipers. Just concerned it could take a hit not being the super hot launch color interior. Thoughts???

Ah, and I realize this is the wrong forum for the GT2 RS. I just wanted to reach out to my Porsche Turbo buddies. After all, it a turbo, right?
You won't have any difficulty selling a GT2RS. But I would go with the launch edition. The red black interior is awesome.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:56 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry to say that I've decided to give up my allocation for the GT2 RS. I'm going with a GT3 RS instead. Based on the quantity of GT2 RS's being built, my gut just doesn't think it will justify $500k in the market a year from now. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Just drooled all over this yesterday. Bought at MSRP either the first or one of the first on the West Coast:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo600.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	525501   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo66.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	525502  
Old 05-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Just drooled all over this yesterday. Bought at MSRP either the first or one of the first on the West Coast:

Adam is this yours?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:26 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Looks like one I would have spec'd.

Worth every penny of whatever the spec was, north of $300k. Great looking car and great performance.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Adam is this yours?
Hey Mark, I wish it were mine. It belongs to someone with office space in the same building as my company. So I get to see this car everyday this week while the owner drives it to work! He bought a 918 six years ago so he buys all the GT and limited edition (911R) cars that Porsche makes.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
So interesting that he went with the power seats rather than the carbon racing seats.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
So interesting that he went with the power seats rather than the carbon racing seats.
Hey Arnie, that's what I said yesterday! The owner likes to drive his cars and doesn't spec them for resale. Owner said he has the buckets in his GT3RS and doesn't like them. I can relate, they are tough to live with.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Hey Arnie, that's what I said yesterday! The owner likes to drive his cars and doesn't spec them for resale. Owner said he has the buckets in his GT3RS and doesn't like them. I can relate, they are tough to live with.
Agreed. It nice to have F**k you money and get what you want no matter the resale.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Order confirmed, thought???