The GTS vs. Turbo lament

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 07:15 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
The GTS vs. Turbo lament

As delivery of my Turbo gets closer, knowing it will be a beast, I do lament the loss of my NA GTS. It's been perfect, entirely trouble-free. No Sport suspension, no PDCC, No carbon ceramics. Not the fastest car ever, but faster than a GT4 and certainly no slouch.

Things I really liked about the GTS: the black Centerlock wheels, probably the nicest wheels I've ever had.
The Alcantara accents- I actually like this, on the doors, steering wheel and PDK lever especially.
Very direct steering, and wider rear track than a Carrera S. PDK shifting is amazing! And of course the acoustics in the cabin- awesome engine sound throughout the rev range.

Things I won't miss: sunroof in glass, Carmine red stitiching, red tachometer, annoying to go to winter tires with Centerlocks making everything more difficult. Rear wiper...don't need that either. Car really needs to go on a diet, it has excess weight.
Won't miss the Bose either.

With the Turbo I went 5-lug wheels, Burmester, PDCC, and pleased about the choices there. Can't wait for AWD, rear axle steering, and PAA.

How has your Turbo ownership experience been?? I'm looking forward to it for sure- but also knowing that the GTS is a great car too and the next owner will love it.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:31 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
I came from a 997 GTS with a nice performance oriented spec. I don’t miss it, but if the turbo weren’t such a phenomenal car I very much would - it was the best car I had owned up to that point.

YMMV, but pretty much everything on the new turbo felt like an upgrade to me. Steering feel is probably the only exception worth noting.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:22 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I test drove a 997 GTS coupe once with the sport suspension...it was fabulous! I wish mine had no sunroof, PDCC, sport PASM. Might not part with it. But as is, it's still great.
But strapping into a Turbo for a drive was just completely awesome. Rear axle steer, PDCC, Burmester...silver stitching...all things I wanted. The Turbo is clearly too fast for public roads, but that's what helps make it spectacular.