New to Me - 991.2 Turbo S

Old 05-28-2018, 11:47 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
New to Me - 991.2 Turbo S

I just purchased a 2017 Turbo S - Black on Black w Aerokit. I am upgrading from a 997.1 Turbo with a pile of mods... I don't have my car yet as it is waiting to be transported across Canada out west from Ontario. Waiting has been frustrating but should see it within the next 10 days.

I have a few questions that I'm sure I could find sifting through all these posts however if you would be so kind as to answer them here - I would appreciate it.

1. I ordered a stage 2 Europipe exhaust from Stef. I ran a stage 1 on my 997 and loved it. My question is - is there any value in running the Kline headers with the Stage 2 Europipe exhaust? Will it affect the sound or the power? Have many of you mixed and matched exhaust and headers from different manufacturers?

2. I get the sense that the ECU is not yet home tuneable on the 991.2. Is this right? I ran a softronic tune on my 997 with great admiration. When the ECU is tunable on the 991.2 turbo s - what kind of power gains are people anticipating with an exhaust, tune and pump gas?

3. Are lowering springs a must for the 991.2 turbo s?

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by Spatia; 05-28-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:12 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Congrats on your new car...I can provide plenty of insight...see my sig..I'm just around the block from you

Old 05-29-2018, 04:11 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
On 2., Cobb is expected to release their solution in a month or so. GIAC has released theirs and there are a few other options. Power gains are quite significant but I couldn’t tell you with confidence what numbers to expect. Look up stage 2 definitions and dyno results to get a good idea. Sam at ByDesign has an active thread going here about this topic.

On 3., I strongly prefer the aesthetics of the car lowered, and I’ve never lowered or felt a desire to lower any car I’ve owned before this one. I changed to Michelin tires at the same time so I can’t say how much it changed the handling. The suspension travel is a bit reduced and obviously the car has less front end clearance. I’m happy with it. I used Techart springs. The KW HAS sounded interesting. Changing the springs takes over 8 hours of shop labor.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Finally received my S after amonth of waiting for it to make its way across Canada. I am blown away with the improvement in all aspects over my 997.1TT. before I took possession I installed a Stage 2 Europipe and this car sounds amazing on start up and at WOT.

This being an Ontario car - it had a front license plate and you can see the small holes - almost un noticeable in the front bumper. I considered bumper plugs but I think the holes would stand out more with that solution. Does anyone have a way to seal those holes with anything other than bumper plugs?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 AM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

You could always ream the holes if needed (to clean them out), fill them with something like bondo, and then use touch up paint to diminish it. That would make it less noticeable.

If you want it to look good you could always have a shop do essentially that same thing but at the end blend the paint instead of just adding touch up paint for a better looking result.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 AM
I think that's what I will likely do - get the professionals to take care of it. I was hoping there was a solution in between bumper plugs and bumper off.

Cheers.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM
I would say its much louder than my EP1 on the 997.1. I purchased the stage 2 with 3" pipes throughout so I believe you would consider it the loud version. But I will let Stef chime in.

Again - No drone and very rumbly. Couldnt be happier.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Have the bumper removed , holes filled and repainted. While off have either Zunsport or Rennline mesh grill installed. Congrats on the car its a beauty.

I have the Cobb tune on my TTS (991.1) with the PDK Upgrade. Could not be happier with the tune and the Cobb customer service.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:15 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Congrats! I love the sound of my EP on my 997.2 TTS

Old 06-22-2018, 12:05 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous

I had a 997.2 and moved to a 991.1, as others have said, I couldn't be happier. My 997.2 was black also, it was BEAUTIFUL . . . . it was horrible. Such is the dilemma with all black cars. My 991.1 is white, HaHa! BTW, I am also highly tempted to go with TechArt springs, it looks SOOO much better, but like my 997, who really cares? It's a fantastic looking car, I will probably just leave it stock and Alex at Sharkwerks also encourages me to just leave it alone. I might actually listen this time-- Congrats! KH

Old 10-27-2018, 06:07 PM
911outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! What a beautiful car, you sir have good taste! I’m the proud new owner of your old 997.1 turbo, which I just bought from Porsche Edmonton. I saw your old pics on 6 speed, and surprised to find out all the work you put into your old 997, I’m just as happy as you are.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Good stuff - enjoy it as I did - if you have any questions please reach out and let me know. Cheers.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 AM
911outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Spatia
Good stuff - enjoy it as I did - if you have any questions please reach out and let me know. Cheers.
tried to PM you but I can’t since I’m new here.
the car drives great, I only got some maintenance questions, like when should i do the plugs again, and where do you detail the car because the paint is really good for it’s age being black colour.