TURBO S trade in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 05:50 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
No !!!!!!

Old 08-20-2018, 07:28 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Against the grain... I own a 570S, Do it! You’ll love the Macs. I came from a 997.2 TTS to a Mac. On my second one.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Had a 2017 TTS coupe went to a 650s Spyder going back to a 2019 tts cab.....couldnt be happier

Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
IMHO...it depends less on performance and more about the experience you are seeking. Frankly, I believe the only area the 911 turbo lags its primary competitors is in the exotic factor. Arguably, the 911 turbo it is one of the most balanced, well engineered, sports cars in the world. I found myself searching for a new experience and opted for Lamborghini. Yes, a bit more expensive, but I find the driving experience in my Huracan 610-4 in pearl orange (Arancio Boriales) to be exciting in a level the 911 turbo can never match simply because its not that type of car. I realize your question is about Mclaren; however, I believe the correlation is similar. Cheers!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:03 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
720 S! or just keep it

Old 08-23-2018, 08:11 AM
TK23 is on a distinguished road
I made that exact move a year ago. I Definitely do not regret it. Both are fantastic cars but they feel very different. The McLaren feels more “special”. Every drive feels like an event. The benefits of the Porsche are it keeps a lower profile and it definitely feels more bulletproof. I never worried about taking it anywhere and it never drew too much attention. I could take it to work without concern. The McLaren is the opposite. Even without a bright color it grabs attention. I took it to a race a couple of weeks ago and had at least 100 people coming up and taking pictures with it. You may or may not like that but it’s unavoidable. People pull next to you for photos and videos on the highway all the time. It’s too flashy for me to take to work without inviting criticism I would rather avoid. That’s a down side for me.
As far as the 570GT being the “soft one” that’s a non factor. I chose the GT due to the better looks and the open feeling of the cabin with the glass. I love it. I drove both the 570s and the GT and they feel very similar on the street. The 991TTS is also a “soft one” compared to the GT3. The 570 GT is much closer to a GT3 in driving feel than the turbo. The lightweight nature of the car and the fantastic carbon tub make driving it a real joy. I personally have had zero maintenance issues so far. I wouldn’t be afraid to make the switch if I were you. I was a little apprehensive when I made the switch. I would do it again without any concerns.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:52 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Before I bought my turbo S I went to McLaren and test drove a 570 S. I really did like the car. I could not however get over the idea that the thing might break down at any point. I tend to keep my cars out of warranty and the idea of having to shell out another $400 per month to keep an extended warranty just turned me off. I guess if you were going to lease the car or never own it out of warranty and you weren’t concerned about an unclear depreciation hit, then give it a try for a few years. I am very happy with my purchase. I’m sure I would’ve been happy if I bought the McLaren as well. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:17 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I looked at all of the cars mentioned in this post and I agree with most of the thoughts. I dislike the additional attention (unwanted by me) and the additional concern about reliability and maintenance costs. However, for me, since I only keep the cars while in CPO (unsure if McLaren does this..probably not is my guess) it is more about maintaining a lower profile. I prefer to have a car some people know is super fast and a $200K car, but for most, they just see a 911. Almost all of the women I have met/date, don't know the difference from one Carrera to the next. They have no idea mine is double the base Carrera. I like it that way! Also, I kinda like it when a non-R8 Audi thinks he can race me. Funny thing though, the Lambo's show respect. I had 2 Aventadors over the past 6 months just give me a thumbs up. The first time it happened, I was shocked, but then it happened again with my girl in the car. He's flash and fast and I'm subdued and just as fast.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 08-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
When I have the money, i plan to go 570s. So much more an experience than the turbo. Not as bulletproof, but the 570 has an incredible setting position, fantastic interior with Alcantara, great audio with the option, all cars have nose lift, the hydraulic steering is the way it should be and 560hp makes the lighter car wicked fast. And I would say the ride is really sublime. Glad to hear another owner is happy and hasn't had problems. My main concern is quality. Body panel fit is horrible. All I get from salesman is that the car is handmade. Were they all drunk at the time? The motors are great and the interiors beautiful, but the panel gaps are horrible.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ryem3
When I have the money, i plan to go 570s. So much more an experience than the turbo. Not as bulletproof, but the 570 has an incredible setting position, fantastic interior with Alcantara, great audio with the option, all cars have nose lift, the hydraulic steering is the way it should be and 560hp makes the lighter car wicked fast. And I would say the ride is really sublime. Glad to hear another owner is happy and hasn't had problems. My main concern is quality. Body panel fit is horrible. All I get from salesman is that the car is handmade. Were they all drunk at the time? The motors are great and the interiors beautiful, but the panel gaps are horrible.
Not sure which 570 you’re looking at, but mine is top notch!!! Body lines are close to perfect, few imperfections, and paint is truly the best I’ve ever had on any car I’ve owned. My 997 TTS had paint correction done on it and it was flawless, but this car is as close to that paint job as I’ve seen and it’s new! Owned a 650S before this car and it was pretty damned good too... so you maybe are looking at the minority of their stock?!?!?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:44 AM
pep71 is on a distinguished road
Thanks folks for the comments.

Decided to keep my amazing car!

Old 10-09-2018, 05:50 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
I'm going to test drive a 570s this Friday, I have a 14 tts on the line, can't believe I'm going to do this but I just don't get that ear to ear smile I had with my corvettes, zr1 in particular. I realize that Porsche quality really is second to none but willing to take a chance. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to install an IPE exhaust and some sticky tires, maybe that will bring my smile back

Old 10-09-2018, 10:33 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra

Not sure which 570 you’re looking at, but mine is top notch!!! Body lines are close to perfect, few imperfections, and paint is truly the best I’ve ever had on any car I’ve owned. My 997 TTS had paint correction done on it and it was flawless, but this car is as close to that paint job as I’ve seen and it’s new! Owned a 650S before this car and it was pretty damned good too... so you maybe are looking at the minority of their stock?!?!?
glad to see you still around brother, i just switched to a 2017 turbo . nice to see you went 570 , a buddy in lake charles just got one and loves it.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:11 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I looked at all of the cars mentioned in this post and I agree with most of the thoughts. I dislike the additional attention (unwanted by me) and the additional concern about reliability and maintenance costs. However, for me, since I only keep the cars while in CPO (unsure if McLaren does this..probably not is my guess) it is more about maintaining a lower profile. I prefer to have a car some people know is super fast and a $200K car, but for most, they just see a 911. Almost all of the women I have met/date, don't know the difference from one Carrera to the next. They have no idea mine is double the base Carrera. I like it that way! Also, I kinda like it when a non-R8 Audi thinks he can race me. Funny thing though, the Lambo's show respect. I had 2 Aventadors over the past 6 months just give me a thumbs up. The first time it happened, I was shocked, but then it happened again with my girl in the car. He's flash and fast and I'm subdued and just as fast.
That's exactly why I got the TTS in white rather than a McLaren or a Lambo or a 'vette. Also, because of the practicality of having a car as fast as it is, without the drama of rear wheel drive or the flashy looks that mean people treat you like a drug dealer or a hooligan. With the TTS, all I get are compliments (the occassional crack about being a 'fast beetle' of course) and it just seems to be less visible. I don't get away with everything, but I do get away with driving the car more aggressively than the law really allows. In a flashy Lambo or McLaren, I'd be that jerk that thinks the law doesn't apply to him, in the Porsche I'm just enjoying my beautiful car - to most people, anyway.

When you get to be my age (50) you like to actually drive the car.

PS I very often come out of a restaurant or whatever and find someone taking pictures of my car from all angles, or a crowd standing beside it. I think that's plenty good if you're buying a supercar to be seen in it.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:13 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Traded my TTS for a new 570s McLaren, no regrets . Porsche is just too perfect, too sterile and too familiar. Man can't believe I'm saying this but there is really no comparison between the two. If you are on the fence about it, take it from me you'll have no regrets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TURBO S trade in