Wheels size for 991.1 T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 AM
emaspeed will become famous soon enoughemaspeed will become famous soon enough
Wheels size for 991.1 T

Looking to change the wheels size to my 2015 Turbo.
At the moment I'm with 20' and would like to go with 18' but not sure if it will fit my car.
does someone here have the experience with that.
Thank you.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:43 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
No. If you have the steel brakes you can go to 19". You can go 19" rear with the PCCBs but you will need to shave off the dust shields unless you have the 2014 model.

Why would you want to go to 18s?

Old 09-03-2018, 01:14 PM
jeolesen is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to highjack the thread. But are you saying 19s are ok on a 2014 Turbo?

Old 09-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
19s will fit a Turbo with standard brakes. As a general rule of thumb, you need 20's to fit a Turbo with PCCBs though some 19s are designed to fit such as the HRE R101LW and Forgeline GA1R though it'll be extremely close and you would need to trim the brake rotor shields

Old 09-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by emaspeed
Looking to change the wheels size to my 2015 Turbo.
At the moment I'm with 20' and would like to go with 18' but not sure if it will fit my car.
does someone here have the experience with that.
Thank you.
18" will not fit, not a chance. Brakes on the Turbo are MASSIVE, so we would actually recommend sticking with 20"s. Of all the 991 Turbo customers we have, which are literally HUNDREDS, only 2 orders I see are 19", meaning the other hundreds of orders we have for this car are going to be either 20" or 21".

Why do you want 18"s that 19"s wouldn't give you?

Old 09-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
I'm assuming weight is of a lot of importance to you if you want to move down to 18's.

A 19" R101 Lightweight by HRE would be at 20 lbs and under. That alone is incredible and worth considering 19's for.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.