new key for 991 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
new key for 991 ?

is this what the new key looks like ?

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
That's cool if it is true! I love keyless technology!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

The 911 shares exterior colors, wheels, options (like Burmester) with other vehicles in the Porsche line up.... Now even the key

Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
looks like this

Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 AM
vraxinus will become famous soon enoughvraxinus will become famous soon enough
most likely yes, because now the panamera and cayenne have similar type of key. Looking at the new 911 they seems to move to the modern and luxury design (panamera like interior) so they might change the key similar to the panamera and cayenne.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Not digging the "car shaped" key, seems too gimmicky.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I like Aston Martin's key better.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Inglorious
I like Aston Martin's key better.
It is true Aston comes with a killer key, but only one key come with the V8 vantage. The other one is cheap plastic, which is falling apart after a year with minimal use... I like the key, and good to see Auto headlight is there. Wonder if that is an “option”

Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
maybe they provide key match to exterior body colors, as an option. ; D

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
maybe they provide key match to exterior body colors, as an option. ; D
Oh man, more useless options that just blow the prices sky high. It wouldn't surprise me at all either. However, I would cough up the money to get a key like the one Aston uses.

I didn't know the other key is plastic. How tacky and cheap, especially charging 140k+ for a car.

Edit: I just wanted to mention that the new key is pretty ugly. Uglier than the car itself, which looks like a beautiful Aston Martin. I think this key is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by Inglorious; 09-07-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Oh man, more useless options that just blow the prices sky high. It wouldn't surprise me at all either. However, I would cough up the money to get a key like the one Aston uses.

I didn't know the other key is plastic. How tacky and cheap, especially charging 140k+ for a car.

Edit: I just wanted to mention that the new key is pretty ugly. Uglier than the car itself, which looks like a beautiful Aston Martin. I think this key is a deal breaker for me.
They spent all their money in R&D for the 991, no $ left to design the key. Cheaper to grab it from the Panamera bin. Aston Martin spent their money in designing the key, and no $ left to update their navigation system. Key aside, I think the 7 speed pdk is to die for.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I really like the key.

First of all, it's same basic shape of the car (which mimics the Panamera - insert joke here).

Secondly, since it's not made out of hard metal in a traditional key design, it just slides into your pocket with no chance of ever stabbing you when you sit, etc. Not that it's a major deal, but a slight improvement.

And you can get it painted to match your car...

Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Weight savings!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Keyless entry and keyless go too much to ask for in this day and age??

Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ksbenz
Keyless entry and keyless go too much to ask for in this day and age??
I was hoping it's a Keyless Fob. Isn't it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new key for 991 ?