If I sell 991 S within a year, will I get a huge hit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 AM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VID997
Seriously?...just bend over and enjoy it!
Lmao.

Cars are expenditures, not an investment unless you get an antique.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 AM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
VID997,
You work for the dealership? Because that's something the dealership would say/do. Lol.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ericp
i'm curious why you are selling a new 991 within a year?
+1..

Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VID997
Seriously?...just bend over and enjoy it!
That's what I'd say, base model, model s, or supermodel. Just bend over and enjoy. : )

Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I want him and others to sell their 991 S after a year!!! I will be in the market for a 2012 CPO sometimes next year

Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
outofmoney is on a distinguished road
SonicKrack,
I was curious why you got rid of your 07TT.
That was a beautiful car.

Cheers

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Outofmoney,

Drove the car once in a blue moon. I work and live in Montana, wife resides in Arizona... took the car down there and it just sat. After I testdrove a PDK, it did not feel the same. So I guess I will have to go for the new 911 but will wait for the right CPO one

Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dharn55
I would guess it probably goes down by 20% the day you drive it off the lot.
+1 Seems about right. Also think about the sales tax your throwing away.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 AM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
I plan to go to L.A soon for a period of time. Why bother driving crappy cars in California. I can't rent/lease a 991, might as well buy a car that makes me happy in the big open roads. Probably a used PDK TTS. But again I had two 997 I am afraid 400hp won't give me the instant torque that I missed from my 997TT and C63. I am sure 991 is awesome to drive.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
My experience has been that any "normal" production 911 takes about a 25% hit in the first year, plus taxes, etc. The limited production versions, especially the earlier models where the demand was great like the 2004 GT-3 and 2007 GT3-RS did not incur the same slide. All that being said, buy it, drive it, enjoy it!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:18 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
I want him and others to sell their 991 S after a year!!! I will be in the market for a 2012 CPO sometimes next year

+1
It was the way I could mentally afford my car. MSRP was 86k, I paid 68 at 0.9%. I bought it MY09 when the MY10 started to show up...
You cant choose colors or optionals, but the price difference certainly helps. Gotta watch the market upclose. One thing I believe Porsche is messing up is releasing these cars as 2012. It will be about 6 months people will start ordering 2013, that alone adds for the depreciation of the newly released cars.

I started a thread with the Costco invoice pricing (anyone can get it, use cars.com or edmunds). If one gets closer to the invoice, at least the hit will be a bit smaller.

Oppositely, BMW is releasing the new M5 in May/June as 2013. I got the wife's X5 in April 2011 as a 2012 model, perhaps will add a couple of months on the pricing at the time to trade-in.

Sports cars and children are not practical or cheap. We get them for emotional reasons. They are small, expensive, difficult to maintain, make our life not so easy; but when you play with them or hear them making their noises, you got a smile on your face that nothing can replace.

Even better if you're lucky to have your children in your sports cars. I absolutely love when my 3 yo goes "faster daddy", and I have to oblige, to much of the mother's dismay. After all I cant traumatize the child saying no....

Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
wkendriver is on a distinguished road
I would assume any car sold within one year of purchase would come with a huge hit.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
if you can afford the car then the joy it will bring will be worth > dep.
who cares, you only live once.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I suggest you lease it. That will eliminate the risk . You will know exactly what you are paying before you sign the docs.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John McLane
children are not practical or cheap. We get them for emotional reasons. They are small, expensive, difficult to maintain, make our life not so easy; but when you play with them or hear them making their noises, you got a smile on your face that nothing can replace.

I absolutely love when my 3 yo goes "faster daddy", and I have to oblige, to much of the mother's dismay. After all I cant traumatize the child saying no....
Are you a pedofile?

(kidding, of course)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If I sell 991 S within a year, will I get a huge hit?