Aqua Blue - why no love?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Let's be frank that it's not a popular color although there are some admiring fans out there for it. But color is a personal choice so if one likes it, it being popular is irrelevant unless you start going down the resale road.

Incidentally the yachting blue interior is also rare and one who orders it would have a unique vehicle.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Jon H... is on a distinguished road
Aqua blue with Tan looks very nice.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 PM
gerenb is on a distinguished road
I ordered an Aqua Blue 991 Carrera S with an espresso interior. It should be delivered in April. I've owned a ton of silver and black cars and just wanted a change. My current car is a silver 2006 Cayman S. Aqua Blue looks pretty amazing, especially on the 991. I tried to keep the options to a minimum, but I failed.

The wow factor on this car is the SportTechno wheels painted black. Wow.

Here are the options:

The new 911 Carrera S
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Burmester® Audio Package
Aqua Blue Metallic
Espresso natural leather interior
Electric sunroof
Sport Exhaust System
Power Steering Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch SportTechno wheel
Wheels painted Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Interior Leather
Natural leather interior
SportDesign steering wheel

Last edited by gerenb; 01-25-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
This. Combo. Doesn't. Suck.

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Old 09-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gerenb
I ordered an Aqua Blue 991 Carrera S with an espresso interior. It should be delivered in April. I've owned a ton of silver and black cars and just wanted a change. My current car is a silver 2006 Cayman S. Aqua Blue looks pretty amazing, especially on the 991. I tried to keep the options to a minimum, but I failed.

The wow factor on this car is the SportTechno wheels painted black. Wow.

Here are the options:

The new 911 Carrera S
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Burmester® Audio Package
Aqua Blue Metallic
Espresso natural leather interior
Electric sunroof
Sport Exhaust System
Power Steering Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20-inch SportTechno wheel
Wheels painted Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Interior Leather
Natural leather interior
SportDesign steering wheel

Wow, this is exactly the combo I'm looking at to order on my 4S. Today the sales guy said "he will fight with me not to order this combo" as per him aqua/espresso won't go with each other. Did you ever end up getting aqua with espresso?? I see in your avatar that evidently you didn't, why???? And..please post some pics!!!!

Last edited by Fester; 09-09-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Daniel Coldwell is on a distinguished road
That blue reminds me my GTC lol

Old 09-09-2012, 03:35 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Carrera red looks gorgeous with this color.......the blues are beautiful and kudos to you for being different....who wants to see their color on other 911s every day!! I owned a 2006 Arctic Silver.......got bored with this in 2 weeks....cured me of common colors forever!

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a unique color. I'm driving my forever car and color but I'd always go for a different color and for me personally....only PTS!!

Tom

Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Having seen your car up close - it is a fantastic color. And I think it will go great with any of the stock interiors. Saw one with beige - a classic. Why not ordered more - not enough people with imagination and taste. Including me as I went with PtAg.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:44 AM
rastabuoy is on a distinguished road
I have a 2013 Aqua Blue Boxster. I love the colour.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful Color!! I really like it with Black (Interior and Wheels). IMO it looks best on the 991. I'm not a big fan of it on the Panamera or Boxster photos above.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hippocampus
For me, while the color is fantastic, there is not a good complimentary interior color to go with it. It is usually paired with grey, which I find blah. Black doesnt provide enough contrast. When I think of choosing colors, For me the interior must enhance/ compliment the exterior color, which is hard to do with Aqua.
my interior is beige and it looks perfect match with aqua blue ext.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
It's a great color, but I think the medium bright blue just got worn out a bit these last 10 years.

Many car manufactures used it a bunch,....Subaru (STI), Nissan (350Z), etc. For a while it was THE "shock" color for the low/medium range sports car and sold in mass quantity.

Now most of that generation of cars has changed a bit and the bright blue tone has gone mostly away now which is a good thing.

I would have no problem ordering one,....mine would have Platinum wheels, full grey leather, deviate the carpet to blue, with interior pieces painted exterior color. Maybe even think of ordering a full blue leather dash, door tops and seat inserts. I wish Porsche would offer a two tone blue grey interior!

I think Espresso would be fine with it,....I'm more of a blue and grey fan,....but it would certainly work. If you like and want it, that's all that matters.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
I LOVE aqua blue! Just don't think I'd order it on a car that I was going to keep for over 3 years... To ME, it's a shorter-term color. Really pops and looks beautiful, though! Really do love it (and blue is my favorite color)!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 PM
gerenb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fester
Wow, this is exactly the combo I'm looking at to order on my 4S. Today the sales guy said "he will fight with me not to order this combo" as per him aqua/espresso won't go with each other. Did you ever end up getting aqua with espresso?? I see in your avatar that evidently you didn't, why???? And..please post some pics!!!!
I came to the conclusion that aqua/espresso might not work together. I didn't want to take the chance. I ordered an agate grey / pebble grey interior which is stunning. The deviated stitching is really nice. I really wanted to get the black painted wheels but they wouldn't let me order them at the time.

Overall, I love this car. I usually keep a low profile when I'm cruising around but I love slapping down wannabes in lesser cars. When you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gerenb
I came to the conclusion that aqua/espresso might not work together. I didn't want to take the chance. I ordered an agate grey / pebble grey interior which is stunning. The deviated stitching is really nice. I really wanted to get the black painted wheels but they wouldn't let me order them at the time.

Overall, I love this car. I usually keep a low profile when I'm cruising around but I love slapping down wannabes in lesser cars. When you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
That's great! Please post some pics.

Today, after a long deliberation, it came down to GT Silver + Espresso with platinum wheels!!!! This is what I'm going to get. I will put detail config after I place the order this week!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aqua Blue - why no love?