I would love a 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
I would love a 991

Just as the title says. I'd love to own this car. We just got a 2012 CTT last August, but it was more of a compromise with the wife. She wanted a more practical family car first. So we got that. Don't get me wrong, I love the CTT, but the 911 just has a totally different allure. Not to mention it's a lot better on gas than the CTT. I've mentioned to her how I'd like the 911 and she tells me that she wants a new bigger house first before we even consider a 911...
Soooo, we're close to closing a deal on a new house... hehehe... So, I'm hoping the next purchase will be a 991.

Anyways, a couple of questions (which was the point of this thread) and I'm sorry I'm too lazy to go through the threads to find it.

1. What are the estimated delivery times from the time you order that you've been told by the dealership?

2. What do you guys think? Should I spend the extra $14k for the S model and the extra 0.3s or just go with the base model? To me, the 0.3s isn't a big deal as I'm probably not going to be tracking this car much at all.

Thanks guys/girls.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
It sounds to me like you have a better probability of getting a base model than an S. I’m in the same situation as you are and I ordered a base PDK. I have a 997.2S now and it’s only 15HP more and it weighs more so I don’t think it will be much of a difference over the one I’m driving now, except more refined, will take corners better and quieter.
ChuckJ

Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
It sounds to me like you have a better probability of getting a base model than an S. I’m in the same situation as you are and I ordered a base PDK. I have a 997.2S now and it’s only 15HP more and it weighs more so I don’t think it will be much of a difference over the one I’m driving now, except more refined, will take corners better and quieter.
ChuckJ
Cool. Were you told how long you would have to wait for your order?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by No.92
Just as the title says. I'd love to own this car. We just got a 2012 CTT last August, but it was more of a compromise with the wife. She wanted a more practical family car first. So we got that. Don't get me wrong, I love the CTT, but the 911 just has a totally different allure. Not to mention it's a lot better on gas than the CTT. I've mentioned to her how I'd like the 911 and she tells me that she wants a new bigger house first before we even consider a 911...
Soooo, we're close to closing a deal on a new house... hehehe... So, I'm hoping the next purchase will be a 991.

Anyways, a couple of questions (which was the point of this thread) and I'm sorry I'm too lazy to go through the threads to find it.

1. What are the estimated delivery times from the time you order that you've been told by the dealership?

2. What do you guys think? Should I spend the extra $14k for the S model and the extra 0.3s or just go with the base model? To me, the 0.3s isn't a big deal as I'm probably not going to be tracking this car much at all.

Thanks guys/girls.
Ha your situation sounds a lot like mine a while back. We had 135i (cab, MT) convertible and we needed an SUV. I wanted a Targa super bad but realized that the SUV would be more "practical". So after our house closed **yikes** I went in and was really pumped for the CTT to get some of that 911 magic. I thought it over and over, there was a 45k difference between the S and TT - similar spec. I did the most logical thing, bought her the Cayenne S, sold the 135i and with the savings between the CTT and CS I leased a Targa4s for 2 years (special from Porsche). Win!

It was funny to come home with my Targa and tell her I bought the Cayenne but it would not be in for 4 months and she could use my car. Lol. So your questions...

1) Heard its about 2-3 months but right now its anyone's guess, have a feeling the demand will grow as summer gets closer.

2) When buying the Targa I drove a base and S model, there was a big difference back then, sound, torque etc. Not sure in the 991 as there really have been no reviews thus.

Cheers..

Joe

Old 02-07-2012, 10:23 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Mine was about 8 to 9 weeks from order to delivery (I'm on vessel)

Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by EricP
Mine was about 8 to 9 weeks from order to delivery (I'm on vessel)
Wow, that's pretty good compared to the Cayenne which took about 3 months.