Partial leather remorse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I have no regrets so far with my standard interior but perhaps I don't know what I am missing out on. So ignorance is a bliss in this case.

If I were to order another porsche in the future I would get the full leather just to experience the difference between the two.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Full leather cars are faster around the ring by 00:00:00000000000001ns - but you didn't hear it here.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Every part of your car has a part number and is order-able This one especially since airbags are underneath and likely damage the clips or cover - This is obviously not a porsche, but similar design. I pulled them off my m3 to run radar wiring.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
I love that picture. And playing with my own a-pillars on my 991, they are indeed hollow and very pliable...I felt like I could have popped it off with my hand. I'm a little surprised it doesn't rattle.

I have already initiated inquiries with my dealer. This modification definitely seems like low-hanging fruit. Keep ya posted.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArthurH

I have already initiated inquiries with my dealer. This modification definitely seems like low-hanging fruit. Keep ya posted.
Hahaha welcome to the slippery slope

Old 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EricP
Every part of your car has a part number and is order-able This one especially since airbags are underneath and likely damage the clips or cover - This is obviously not a porsche, but similar design. I pulled them off my m3 to run radar wiring.

That picture isn't from an M3!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by 19hole
That picture isn't from an M3!
Bravo. Nor do I work for Mopar Muscle Magazine and have meaty hands like a redneck. I have the delicate hands of a renaissance man...perfect for opening wine bottles, painting with oils, playing piano, and caressing the ladies.

Just an image for him from "the google". But on my m3 they pop off the same way. My apologies if I implied that was my m3.

Cheers.
(BTW I got the new PING i20 Driver and it's NUTS)

Last edited by EricP; 03-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Really, I thought all Porsche afficionados with great taste in wines and other meaningful ventures HAD to work for MOPAR!

All kidding aside, I am truely sorry if I have insulted you any way, that was not the intent of the post.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Not at all my good man. Cheerio!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Great info guys. I am comfortable with my standard interior order (with the smoother leather sport plus seats thanks to this place, or if it was rennlist), but was a bit concerned about my A-Pillars. Seems very fixable indeed!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
My dealer just informed me that the Alcantara A Pillar part for 991 is not yet available. His parts dept expects it to become available 'later this year'.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArthurH
My dealer just informed me that the Alcantara A Pillar part for 991 is not yet available. His parts dept expects it to become available 'later this year'.
I think that will be the case with most OEM and aftermarket 991 cosmetic parts but for at least the next year or so you'll be part of a very small group of individuals who are lucky enough to have a 991.
No custom work necessary

Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
jdsc will become famous soon enough
Just a suggestion, but you may want to check with Suncoast. They seem to have their fingers on the pulse of what is new and available better than just about anyone.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 AM
OmegaMan will become famous soon enoughOmegaMan will become famous soon enough
There I s a vendor on here that does custom leather work. The name of the company I believe is DSV customs. They started doing interior work for corvettes and recently did a 997.2 interior.

They are located in Brownsville Texas and can do any part in Alcantera, leather or any other surface you can think of. I think the current limitations are the availability of parts. He has done a 1 for 1 exchange in the past with the core parts.

I have quite a bit of his custom work on the interior of my C6Z06 and am quite happy with the quality of work and the craftsmanship they provide.

You might want to search for their information and see what they have to offer.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
it's been over a year since this post for 991 leather interior upgrades has been discussed. are there any oem plastic parts (pillars,door,etc) available now to purchase and have wrapped/painted locally??

cant bear to pay $300 for a leather wrappped coat hanger from equisive leather or $1000 for the coffee cup holder in carrera red from suncoast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Partial leather remorse