Partial leather remorse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:50 AM
dude174 is on a distinguished road
Old thread, but I'm very interested to find out if you were able to order replacement leather parts to replace the plastic.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 PM
sceptor is on a distinguished road
Checking to see if anyone else had luck getting the parts.

Originally Posted by dude174
Old thread, but I'm very interested to find out if you were able to order replacement leather parts to replace the plastic.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ArthurH
What should I do? Drive it, enjoy it, update it in a few years?
Yes.

I got the full leather interior, and although when I think about the money I spent, I kind of get choked-up, but it looks fantastic and I'm glad that I did. Besides, what else is money for? Retirement? Bah.

You should enjoy what you've got and see what happens in a few years.

Edit: Just notice that this is an incredibly old thread. It would be interesting to read what the OP did...

Old 11-17-2014, 09:35 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up Your Order is superb!

and I'll tell you why. The rubbery textured surface on the dash has been designed to lessen the reflection of the dash onto the interior of the front windshield. Many vehicles use this texture.

Get your Doors done the way you want and the Alcantara on the a pillars, plus if you want there is a ton of Alcantara Bits you can get from your dealer....

"Who cares about the extra cost, If it makes you happy!"

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 11-18-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM
mcomet is on a distinguished road
This is an old thread that keeps getting revived... to chime in tho, I ordered my Cayman S with "Partial" leather as well. The lack of the silver bit on the doors and leather doors, stitching, dash etc bugs me too and has since day 1. I had contacted the dealer a while back... the doors are entirely different parts as the silver bit is molded in..so you need to order a new door piece $1500 per side approx to get the OEM door in leather. The dash is around $3000 for an OEM leather replace. Being that the existing material is the thick rubbery vinyl stuff I'm not sure how easily it could be wrapped after market. Just an FYI to people...

Old 01-03-2015, 12:24 AM
dphouse is on a distinguished road
The only thing I wish my 991 had is alcantara a pillars. I too have partial leather interior. If the a pillars can be ordered and popped into place I will do so in a heartbeat. Will ask my dealer when the car goes in for a PSE install next week.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:49 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Same here dphouse. Would love alcantara a pillars to match the rest. Never thought about checking with the dealer :-) Will do soon though !

Old 01-03-2015, 11:23 AM
dphouse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bccars
Same here dphouse. Would love alcantara a pillars to match the rest. Never thought about checking with the dealer :-) Will do soon though !
They should be standard to match the headliner. It does look a little mismatched at the seam where the a pillar meets the headliner.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:37 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
I've had pleather and full leather and in between , as well as matching or contrasting stitching , on various 911s over time and didn't pay any attn to any of the differences after owning the car for a few weeks , EXCEPT whether it did or did not have available stitching on the steering wheel's airbag module

Last edited by MKW; 01-03-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
I have had both and they are both fine. Also a car is only stock once, I think keeping it that way is more valuable over time but that is my humble opinion.