Frustration.....what to do?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Interesting...since you're seeking opinions I would go with option #4 = tts

I've driven the 991 and thinks it's a fantastic car. Has the look, feel, performance and is distinguished from the previous model Carerra S.

I'd still by the turbo S and drive it until the 991 turbo comes out. Guess I'm addicted to the rush of smashing the pedal and feeling the turbos kick in. Dreamed about when I was a kid and still can't wipe the smile away when I drive it on weekends. IMO...there simply aren't enough features Porsche can add to a Carrera S to compensate for the experience I get driving a Porsche turbo.

All awesome cars...just a fellow 6speeders opinion.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Elias74 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by pratas
Hi eagleeye

I were in the same case with you.

I placed my order last August and should get the January production slot. However, the completed date been dealy several times. Finally the dealer found out this week that I have one option "aluminium window frames" which should been deleted since I changed to white exterior. This option won't be ready till June production. I deleted it two days ago and the completion date is 12/April at this moment.

I do not think the Exclusive deviating stitching options you order will be ready shortly. Your newly planned date 4/30 probably will delay furthermore.
Hi pratas,

my car has aluminium frames on a white color. My car was scheudeled for half january (ordered 27\09\11), but no one told me alu frames where a problem. They delayed mine because i don't choose the sunroof by 4 weeks.

My dealer told me it is completed today, for next week delivery

Can't wait anymore...

@ eagleeye: Anyway, i'd say...wait for the car u want, you may always drive your's wife Cayenne S...not that bad uh???

Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Originally Posted by Elias74
Hi pratas,

my car has aluminium frames on a white color. My car was scheudeled for half january (ordered 27\09\11), but no one told me alu frames where a problem. They delayed mine because i don't choose the sunroof by 4 weeks.

My dealer told me it is completed today, for next week delivery

Can't wait anymore...

@ eagleeye: Anyway, i'd say...wait for the car u want, you may always drive your's wife Cayenne S...not that bad uh???
Hi Elias74

Congrats and do not forhet to upload the photo.
I will check the dealer again tomorrow. First I thought the option "wheels painted in black" caused the delay, but two days ago my dealer told me the reason is window frames thing. She said several customers also deleted this option for earlier delivery. I need to wait till June for delivery

Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi pratas!

Maybe wheels custom paint is the true cause of delay (i really think...), even if sometime, simply they lack some parts for different reasons. In my work it's the same: sometimes parts that are normally fully avaiable, in some cases are missing (delay of raw materials, customs, transportation, and so on...).

Anyway, i say: try to stay where your dreams are. Your car. "She" has to arrive as you desire her. delay or not. Otherwise, you will regret anytime u see her...

Keep on, and resist!!!

P.S. As soon i get my 991 S , i'll post pictures... (White ext. with Black\Platinum leathers interiors)...

Last edited by Elias74; 03-08-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Wait till the 2013 991S or even better wait longer till the 991 turbo. Time really flies and patience is a virtue that pays off.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Hi pratas!

Maybe wheels custom paint is the true cause of delay (i really think...), even if sometime, simply they lack some parts for different reasons. In my work it's the same: sometimes parts that are normally fully avaiable, in some cases are missing (delay of raw materials, customs, transportation, and so on...).

Anyway, i say: try to stay where your dreams are. Your car. "She" has to arrive as you desire her. delay or not. Otherwise, you will regret anytime u see her...

Keep on, and resist!!!

P.S. As soon i get my 991 S , i'll post pictures... (White ext. with Black\Platinum leathers interiors)...
Hi Elias74

Below is the feedback from the ordering department today
"Option 559 delay is due to manufacturer's supply. At the moment, we have no 991 production done with option 559. Please kindly check VIN of that vehicle and let me know. I will check it in system.
559 Window frames in high gloss aluminum Up to 11 weeks delayed in relation to the quota month.
Not available any more for MY C."

I think you are the few lucky guy

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have a picture of a car with this option? I did not order it, but I don't know what it is so I did not know to even ask.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi Elias74

Below is the feedback from the ordering department today
"Option 559 delay is due to manufacturer's supply. At the moment, we have no 991 production done with option 559. Please kindly check VIN of that vehicle and let me know. I will check it in system.
559 Window frames in high gloss aluminum Up to 11 weeks delayed in relation to the quota month.
Not available any more for MY C."

I think you are the few lucky guy
Hi pratas!
Maybe i'm one of that lucky guys..! But i'll tell you when i receive my 991 S..! U never know!
I ordered my in late september, so maybe, she was one of the few to be inserted in production line with this option...that i find to be very elegant.

I regret that u have to wait so long...maybe 11 weeks are too much (for me at least). If u don't want to wait, then take out this option, otherwise, wait will be about 3 months

If my dealer didn't lied to me, next week i'll post pictures of my baby with this option!

Ciao!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Hi pratas!
Maybe i'm one of that lucky guys..! But i'll tell you when i receive my 991 S..! U never know!
I ordered my in late september, so maybe, she was one of the few to be inserted in production line with this option...that i find to be very elegant.

I regret that u have to wait so long...maybe 11 weeks are too much (for me at least). If u don't want to wait, then take out this option, otherwise, wait will be about 3 months

If my dealer didn't lied to me, next week i'll post pictures of my baby with this option!

Ciao!
that's great Elias...can't wait to see some pictures...enjoy...all the best

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
that's great Elias...can't wait to see some pictures...enjoy...all the best
Yes, yes..!

I'm counting hours till i receive my darlin'...

Then i'll post all pictures that i can of this beauty, don't worry!

P.S. even if my dealer told me my car was finishing on the 8 of march...i don't wanna say nothing till i've got her..!

CROSSING FINGERS!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Interesting...since you're seeking opinions I would go with option #4 = tts

I've driven the 991 and thinks it's a fantastic car. Has the look, feel, performance and is distinguished from the previous model Carerra S.

I'd still by the turbo S and drive it until the 991 turbo comes out. Guess I'm addicted to the rush of smashing the pedal and feeling the turbos kick in. Dreamed about when I was a kid and still can't wipe the smile away when I drive it on weekends. IMO...there simply aren't enough features Porsche can add to a Carrera S to compensate for the experience I get driving a Porsche turbo.

All awesome cars...just a fellow 6speeders opinion.
You know that's right!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi pratas!

Ciao!
I deleted it two days ago. So far it looks ok from the ordering system. The planned completed date is 12/April now and the delivery date is around June/July. Almost take about one year.

Can't wait to see your photo

Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I deleted it two days ago. So far it looks ok from the ordering system. The planned completed date is 12/April now and the delivery date is around June/July. Almost take about one year.

Can't wait to see your photo
Well done.
I love that option very much, but u can't wait too long for your beauty.

I sincerely hope your car will arrive earlier than july, and i strongly think so.

You gotta cross your fingers too!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by AG991
Does anyone have a picture of a car with this option? I did not order it, but I don't know what it is so I did not know to even ask.
Here you go
http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...arrera/261765/

Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you! A very nice, somewhat retro, touch. If I had known it was available, I very likely would have ordered it (and deleted it if it was the holdup). Best of luck and enjoy your 991 when it comes in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.