Where are the exhausts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Where are the exhausts?

Bummed that I've only seen one exhaust system so far for the 991. I don't expect someone like Sharkwerks (hint, hint) to have a complete system but how about some prototype teasers? Dyno? Something!

Speaking of dynos, can't believe that no one has strapped a 991 to one yet...

Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
Bummed that I've only seen one exhaust system so far for the 991. I don't expect someone like Sharkwerks (hint, hint) to have a complete system but how about some prototype teasers? Dyno? Something!

Speaking of dynos, can't believe that no one has strapped a 991 to one yet...
Way too early at this stage i suspect. Plus the sound of the new 991 is not wanting in the same way as the 997 line up...if at all going by all the fanfare.

Mindful that on atmo cars the butt dyno usually can't feel any change at all from having an AM system anyway, it really all gets down to the sound doesn't it? That may spell big trouble for the AM guys given 991 is so resolved in its exhaust note and sound volumes.

May be a different story for the turbo, where there are usually more tangible benefits to be seen....

Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It takes a while for after-market equipment to hit the market. Especially for a car selling that few.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
A lot of companies we work with have 991s on their R&D schedule in the upcoming weeks. It will be an exciting summer!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Listen why don't you try doing a Gonda/Fister D. hack...
It's inexpensive and you can always sell your stock modified cans if you want to upgrade to something else when those hit the market.
Not to mention you'll be the first one to do it on a 991 and LOTS of people will be excited to hear what it'll sound like on a 991

BTW here's a clip which you might enjoy in the mean time.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Listen why don't you try doing a Gonda/Fister D. hack...
It's inexpensive and you can always sell your stock modified cans if you want to upgrade to something else when those hit the market.
Not to mention you'll be the first one to do it on a 991 and LOTS of people will be excited to hear what it'll sound like on a 991

BTW here's a clip which you might enjoy in the mean time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbHD...60FAAAAAAAAAAA
Sounds loud but that's it. Comparing the clip to the sports exhaust from Porsche the pse sounds much better imo....and more like a Porsche should sound. This thing sounds like it could be anything. I saw this clip in another thread showing a static pic of it and the welds looked pretty rough, lots of joins. Looked more like a prototype. So I'm reserving judgement on this one. Perhaps less time and money spent on flashy promo marketing and more time and money spent on sound quality and manufacture is what needs to happen here imho. But to each his own..... I guess it comes down to price too....and whether it drones. A droner would be a deal breaker....

Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Sounds loud but that's it. Comparing the clip to the sports exhaust from Porsche the pse sounds much better imo....and more like a Porsche should sound. This thing sounds like it could be anything. I saw this clip in another thread showing a static pic of it and the welds looked pretty rough, lots of joins. Looked more like a prototype. So I'm reserving judgement on this one. Perhaps less time and money spent on flashy promo marketing and more time and money spent on sound quality and manufacture is what needs to happen here imho. But to each his own..... I guess it comes down to price too....and whether it drones. A droner would be a deal breaker....
I kinda liked it... kinda.
That said I'm going with the PSE and 200 cell cats
I do agree the PSE sounds better, there is more tone-all divercity and range.
Got to figure they put a whole lot of R&D $$$ into this new system and as far as I'm concerned they nailed it!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I kinda liked it... kinda.
That said I'm going with the PSE and 200 cell cats
I do agree the PSE sounds better, there is more tone-all divercity and range.
Got to figure they put a whole lot of R&D $$$ into this new system and as far as I'm concerned they nailed it!
Yeh it's not bad....just doesn't sound a raspy as the PSE. Porsche has a particular sound and many systems can take that away in the course of making a lot of noise. Always hard going by clips anyway. Looking at it i couldn't see it being any cheaper than the PSE anyway....who knows....they both look pretty complex.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
I'm most likely going the PSE route with 200 cell cats as well (still haven't ordered mine). However, I'm still curious to see what the AM is going to roll out. I'm also curious what will be offered for folks with the base vs. the S. The stock exhaust for the base is different than stock on the S from what I read.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
We just got word IPE Innotech's valvetronic exhaust will be released in the upcoming days. Here's a quick teaser: