Please re-start the engine manually

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Please re-start the engine manually

I have been using auto start stop on 991S since day one but this is the first time where engine has stopped and the car asked me to re-start the engine manually. It is weird since it should be auto start stop.

So I have to turn the key off then turn it on again to restart the engine. Do you think any thing wrong with the car? Has anyone experience this before?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Hi I just read the user manual and it says if the door is opened or seat belt is unbuckled while engine is stopped automatically then the engine has to re-start manually.

I might have unbuckled my belt because the car just stopped in the front of my house and I just ready to get off .

Anyway it is a good tip.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by iambon
Hi I just read the user manual and it says if the door is opened or seat belt is unbuckled while engine is stopped automatically then the engine has to re-start manually.

I might have unbuckled my belt because the car just stopped in the front of my house and I just ready to get off .

Anyway it is a good tip.
I get this in my CTT all the time. Nothing is wrong. I believe I get it when it has stopped, I put it in Park and then turn on the parking brake. This is all before actually shutting off the car of course, but its normal so don't worry about it.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
many times i have had seat belt undone prematurely with auto on/off and car shuts off... gotta put in P and restart... sucks...

Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
many times i have had seat belt undone prematurely with auto on/off and car shuts off... gotta put in P and restart... sucks...
That will teach you not to stand on the seats, with your head through the sun roof while stopped at a stop light shouting to the heavens: "Look at my new Porsche!".

ChuckJ

Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
That will teach you not to stand on the seats, with your head through the sun roof while stopped at a stop light shouting to the heavens: "Look at my new Porsche!".

ChuckJ
i'm sure we're all guilty of taking our seatbelt off to grab a ticket from a parking garage or to pay a toll attendent... which also means stopping the vehicle=pain in the *** to start back up.