Child seat in 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the pictures and the link! $12.99 sure sounds like a steal, particularly compared to the $40 I paid for the Bubble Bums! Do you have any recommendations for a forward-facing harness seat with LATCH, though? E.g. something like the Britax Frontier (which doesn't seem to fit, though)? That seems to be the tough one.

I'll post pictures of the Bubble Bums in my 991 once it arrives.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 AM
mcsha is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I have not been able to find any forward facing harness seat yet that fits well. The only other seat i found to fit very well is the Volvo booster seat (http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p/...639632-8639635). But that is not a harness seat with latch.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Thats why the Cayene and Panamera were created. Need for performance, they have turbos!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mcsha
Sorry, I have not been able to find any forward facing harness seat yet that fits well. The only other seat i found to fit very well is the Volvo booster seat (http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p/...639632-8639635). But that is not a harness seat with latch.
why can't you get the Porsche ones?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...9972childseats

Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by frank69m
why can't you get the Porsche ones?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...9972childseats
That's not a harness seat. It's a normal belt-positioning booster.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:02 PM
NAVYTNS is on a distinguished road
991 car seat

I recently purchased a 2015 911 turbo. After a few different attempts to find the right car seat for my 3 y/o daughter, I found the perfect seat to be the MaxiCosi RodiFix booster. Fits perfect in the backseat, very secure, and my daughter loves it.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:20 PM
strumbringer is on a distinguished road
FYI: All modern cars should have automatic passenger airbag disablement; it's just the manual shutoff you can't get. Having said that, the prevailing theory is that the back of the car is still safer (there's some dispute on the subject, but not really).

I am using the porsche booster seat in the back, and although it doesn't quite sit flush against the back cushion (this is a relative angle thing not a 991 seat design narowness thing), it still feels very stable. I'd have been happier if it had LATCH hooks.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:57 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NAVYTNS
I recently purchased a 2015 911 turbo. After a few different attempts to find the right car seat for my 3 y/o daughter, I found the perfect seat to be the MaxiCosi RodiFix booster. Fits perfect in the backseat, very secure, and my daughter loves it.
Thank you for the suggestion. I ordered one and just got it. It is by far the best fitting booster seat in the back of a 991. I have tried about 15 different types. It fits perfect. Uses LATCH to lock in. Does not touch the seat belt receptacle. It also has sides to hold the child in place. It is a little expensive but makes up for it with how well it fits. I have another booster that I found to work but does not have sides. My 3 year old found it difficult to sleep. Plus I think this will hold him in place better if we had a crash with side load.

Thank you.

Marc

Old 05-10-2015, 09:54 PM
dogshyne is on a distinguished road
i have that cosco no back booster as well. with respect to the initial thread, the airbag in the passenger seat turns itself off if the passenger is below a certain weight.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM
landshark is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 998M
Thank you for the suggestion. I ordered one and just got it. It is by far the best fitting booster seat in the back of a 991. I have tried about 15 different types. It fits perfect. Uses LATCH to lock in. Does not touch the seat belt receptacle. It also has sides to hold the child in place. It is a little expensive but makes up for it with how well it fits. I have another booster that I found to work but does not have sides. My 3 year old found it difficult to sleep. Plus I think this will hold him in place better if we had a crash with side load.

Thank you.

Marc
I'm purchasing a 991 C2S and is looking for a child seat for my 3.5yrs old daughter too. I've heard from other 991 owners that this is one of the best fitting child seat for our car. Before I pull the trigger, could you guys please post some picture of the seat installed (possible with your child)? So we could see how well does it fit and how comfy/roomy he/she has.

Many thanks in advance.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 AM
NAVYTNS is on a distinguished road
991 Child Car Seat

Let me know if this Pic works for you. My daughter is about 35lbs and 40 inches tall. She fits perfectly and loves to take this car instead of my daily driver). I have a coupe (not a Cab). You can see the seat belt fits nicely and holds my daughter very securely. I have an ER/Trauma background so I am very particular about my car seats and most importantly how my child fits in that car seat. I would have preferred a 5 point harness (most likely until my daughter turns 21), but feel this seat works very well with the car seat belt and is safe.
Just remove the lower back rest portion (which covers the latch system). It comes off easily (as it was meant to be removed for car seat placement). As previously stated, I tried several other seats (Britax, Reccaro) and this one is by far the best. I use a Reccaro in my daily driver but it was a little bulky in the back of the Porsche and it hit the headliner so decided against that for long term use. Hope this helps...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche Car Seat.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	682.1 KB
ID:	421302  
Old 06-01-2015, 09:31 AM
landshark is on a distinguished road
Let me know if this Pic works for you. My daughter is about 35lbs and 40 inches tall. She fits perfectly and loves to take this car instead of my daily driver). I have a coupe (not a Cab). You can see the seat belt fits nicely and holds my daughter very securely. I have an ER/Trauma background so I am very particular about my car seats and most importantly how my child fits in that car seat. I would have preferred a 5 point harness (most likely until my daughter turns 21), but feel this seat works very well with the car seat belt and is safe.
Just remove the lower back rest portion (which covers the latch system). It comes off easily (as it was meant to be removed for car seat placement). As previously stated, I tried several other seats (Britax, Reccaro) and this one is by far the best. I use a Reccaro in my daily driver but it was a little bulky in the back of the Porsche and it hit the headliner so decided against that for long term use. Hope this helps...
Thanks for the photo. I'm sold.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
This is the MaxiCosi RodiFix booster. Fits really well. I have had 4 different boosters and this one is by far the best. Most of the others pushed on the seat belt latch. Made me nervous. This has plenty of room and is LATCH. The other really big thing is that if they fall asleep it has sides. My son likes it better. He just turned 4 and is about 4 lbs

Marc

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3923.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	421357