25.27%
Porsche
42.86%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Rear Badging - What did you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Went for "Carrera S" in Black using a Carrera GTS emblem.
There are enough Porsche logo's around the car.
More for aesthetic reasons than anything else...

Best I have seen. Thought about removing either "Porsche" or "911" but then it makes everything off center. Looks like I will have to remove it all and put what I want back on.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of

Best option IMO

Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 998M
Best I have seen. Thought about removing either "Porsche" or "911" but then it makes everything off center. Looks like I will have to remove it all and put what I want back on.
Thanks a lot! Just a piece of advice :You better order new badges online. The "Carrera" part breaks very easily. On top of it, putting new 3M adhesive at the back is difficult as letters are real thin. As far as the "P O R S C H E" badge is concerned, putting it back in place with all letters perfectly aligned and spaced is a challenge.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute

Like it the best and your license plate!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Was bored and has some floss. This is better than all of the writing but not as good as just "Carrera S". Kind of a pain to get all of the adhesive off.

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
For the Porsche S crowd.... Just Use "Porsche" and SUBSTITUTE the letter S with the RED letter S .. That should do it!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Porsche 911...............

Porsche
imho

Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Is it just me, I'm liking the 997 more and more when I see pics side by side.............I'm leaning to cancelling my 12 991 black and holding on to my beloved 09 997 and possibly waiting a bit. Dunno why, I'm not as gung ho about new body as I was a few days ago........
I ordered Techart Type 1 spoiler to mount on rear engine compartment for a subtle more aggressive look when stopped, and the upper rear windshield valence for the subtle compliment to the spoiler. I have the C2S 19" wheels on my 997, powder coated black, and I'm not yet convinced new body style is an improvement.
Hating the look of the sunroof..............Is it just me?

Attached Images   
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Thanks a lot! Just a piece of advice :You better order new badges online. The "Carrera" part breaks very easily. On top of it, putting new 3M adhesive at the back is difficult as letters are real thin. As far as the "P O R S C H E" badge is concerned, putting it back in place with all letters perfectly aligned and spaced is a challenge.
How did you get the lettering so perfect ... not only is it perfectly located in the up and down position but the side to side as well ...

Does it come with any type of placement guide ?

Also is the 'Carrera S' in the same position ... would I get the same effect if I just removed the 'PORSCHE' or is the Carrera S part up a little higher (more in the middle).

TIA

Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by af330i
How did you get the lettering so perfect ... not only is it perfectly located in the up and down position but the side to side as well ...

Does it come with any type of placement guide ?

Also is the 'Carrera S' in the same position ... would I get the same effect if I just removed the 'PORSCHE' or is the Carrera S part up a little higher (more in the middle).

TIA
Thanks. I think that the original 'Carrera S' is placed lower in the original OEM Porsche + 911 Carrera S combo.
I used Blue painter's tape that I applied on the car to take exact measurements and align letters

Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
cheesehead is on a distinguished road
Do you think deviating red or yellow lettering looks better than chrome?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM
cheesehead is on a distinguished road
Sometimes the chrome letters look almost invisible in the bright sun

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold

nice. wonder how "911 S" would look in black on a white car or silver on a black car

Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
As it came from the factory,
P O R S C H E
911 Carrera S

yes you could tell it's an S from the front lip, the red brakes, the lower stance, etc.
you can justify any combination or deletion
I don't find it to be too crowded.
I'm more in love with the rest of the car to be too concerned with the badge

Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM
tgcrun is on a distinguished road
Selected the model delete option and am just getting PORSCHE. Way easier than removing and reapplying letters. That being said, I love the Carrera S on the white car. Contrary to the opinion of robfxlr, the more I see the back end of the 991, the more I like it, and I have an 09 C4S. Of course, I'm keeping the 997, so when the 991 arrives I'll have two nice asses in my garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Badging - What did you do?