25.27%
Porsche
42.86%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Rear Badging - What did you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
the lights & that back end lip that goes from end to end is amazing looking.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold

all wider body 911 rear ends look amazing. these lights add a neat extra look

Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
The rear bumper on my new Cab was bumped during service and had to be repainted; I asked the repair shop, who did a great job, to leave all the rear badging off until I decided what to put back on - see photo. I thought I might like to leave it plain but I think it's too large of a space to do so - wondering what others might think? I am leaning towards "Carrera S" only set just above center - not sure what logos are available from Porsche, the chrome Carrera S that is standard on the 991 may be a little too small.

Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Newman
The rear bumper on my new Cab was bumped during service and had to be repainted; I asked the repair shop, who did a great job, to leave all the rear badging off until I decided what to put back on - see photo. I thought I might like to leave it plain but I think it's too large of a space to do so - wondering what others might think? I am leaning towards "Carrera S" only set just above center - not sure what logos are available from Porsche, the chrome Carrera S that is standard on the 991 may be a little too small.
I think I've put
P O R S C H E
with the 911 centered under the Porsche. It takes me back to my memory of the early days

We'll just have to wait to see how it turns out.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 05-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Man, that looks pretty clean...I'd be tempted to leave it like that.

I've also wondered how this car would look with the porsche crest only....not sure if it floats your boat but this would be a good opportunity to try it...just a thought.

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
still fooling around with the 996 C4S "S"

Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
still fooling around with the 996 C4S "S"

Like it... I have a red "S" myself that I have not installed on the car yet (I'll be changing themes = wheels, decals, etc. over time, so the red S time will come too )

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by robfxlr
Is it just me, I'm liking the 997 more and more when I see pics side by side.............I'm leaning to cancelling my 12 991 black and holding on to my beloved 09 997 and possibly waiting a bit. Dunno why, I'm not as gung ho about new body as I was a few days ago........
I ordered Techart Type 1 spoiler to mount on rear engine compartment for a subtle more aggressive look when stopped, and the upper rear windshield valence for the subtle compliment to the spoiler. I have the C2S 19" wheels on my 997, powder coated black, and I'm not yet convinced new body style is an improvement.
Hating the look of the sunroof..............Is it just me?

I agree 100%. I do not like the Panamera "fastback" look of the 991. I do like the 991 Cabby because it eliminates the fastback, but for a coupe I like the 997.2 more. Just me I guess.

p.s. if that black 911 in the pic's your car? It just looks badass....

Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'm changing my mind and starting to like the everything on look, rather than just the PORSCHE by itself.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
I ordered mine with standard, full "Carrera S". Don't think it makes the back too busy at all. If it were, Mr. Mauer would have been first to veto it!

Last edited by chancludo; 05-07-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
I like mine.

Name:  DSC_0027.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  76.3 KB

Have Less concern and Do more driving.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Newman,
Thanks for that unique view. It is tempting to leave it off. If I had it to do again, I would just have it say Porsche, in the location that that comes normally. But I like your idea of Carrera S. You could also take the S to a shop and have it coated in Red to match the breaks. I am not loving the idea of making it look like the logo on a prior version of the 991. I also am toying with having the logo redone in the body color. I have always liked that look. I think one of the sponsers, the plug guys (bumper plugs), have painted lettering. Take a look.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
i think the rear of the 991 has very well thought lines; more thought perhaps than the 997. they both are beautiful though:

Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
I had it all deleted from my s cab,
May put on S only

Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AG991
Hi Newman,
Thanks for that unique view. It is tempting to leave it off. If I had it to do again, I would just have it say Porsche, in the location that that comes normally. But I like your idea of Carrera S. You could also take the S to a shop and have it coated in Red to match the breaks. I am not loving the idea of making it look like the logo on a prior version of the 991. I also am toying with having the logo redone in the body color. I have always liked that look. I think one of the sponsers, the plug guys (bumper plugs), have painted lettering. Take a look.
Good idea, will do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Badging - What did you do?