Carrera 4S spotted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Carrera 4S spotted

on the Autobahn

http://www.autoblog.nl/porsche-991-c...op-de-autobahn

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
when are they announcing the 4 and 4/S? Cant wait to see the wider rear? Another 1.75" like the 997?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
when are they announcing the 4 and 4/S? Cant wait to see the wider rear? Another 1.75" like the 997?
i guess they will reveal the AWD cars in summer.
as you can see on the last picture, the a$$ is pretty big!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Bonerwall will become famous soon enough
Its "***" doesn't look any wider than a 991 C2S to me (at least from these photos). Does anyone know if they are going to try to make a full red taillight/red reflector on the rear as they did on the 997.2 C4/C4S?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
9911 is on a distinguished road
I read somewhere else, that the AWD models will have increased a$$ size by 4cm .

Another thing I notice looking at these pictures is that there is this bag we know from the 997 and the other predecessors hiding all the screws etc. of the spoiler kinematic. I hope this is a new feature of the model year starting in June... Looks way better in my opinion!

Best!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Bonerwall
Its "***" doesn't look any wider than a 991 C2S to me (at least from these photos). Does anyone know if they are going to try to make a full red taillight/red reflector on the rear as they did on the 997.2 C4/C4S?

i think it will come without the red reflector stripe.
the taillights are not level with the space between them.
it would look dumb with such a stripe, also there is too much lettering imho for an additional stripe.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I can't make out a difference in width from these pictures either. But given that this appears to be a test vehicle, there's a good bet it's a C4 version.

Maybe images from dead behind, or 3/4 front would give us a better clue. But to me, this doesn't have a different shape than the 991 C2.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
I can't make out a difference in width from these pictures either. But given that this appears to be a test vehicle, there's a good bet it's a C4 version.

Maybe images from dead behind, or 3/4 front would give us a better clue. But to me, this doesn't have a different shape than the 991 C2.
unfort. no pics from dead behind available, 2 more pics:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by 9911
I read somewhere else, that the AWD models will have increased a$$ size by 4cm .

Another thing I notice looking at these pictures is that there is this bag we know from the 997 and the other predecessors hiding all the screws etc. of the spoiler kinematic. I hope this is a new feature of the model year starting in June... Looks way better in my opinion!

Best!
agreed, looks better with the bag, it´s kind of a trademark!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Regardless, thanks for posting the pics. My heart wants to see a wider rear end, but my mind is having a hard time actually seeing it with these. With summer coming, I'm sure the C4 rumors are going to start heating up!

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
tomshop will become famous soon enough
Seems that Porsche has tried to differentiate the 4's with wider body, reflector strip, etc. My bet is there will be new elements for the 991 4's. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Yeah I saw this earlier but like others I'm having a hard time seeing this is a C4S... wondering what they based their "knowledge/opinion on to say this is definitively the C4S?

The pics I've got on my computer screen to grand me the patience in my wait for the C4S are these 2, the black has a lot of camo and the white one is a render of a C2S but still... that's what I'm holding out for.
It seems to be working.

Attached Images   
Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Fabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the roughFabolous is a jewel in the rough

Anyone notice thats a North America spec bumper

Old 04-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeah I saw this earlier but like others I'm having a hard time seeing this is a C4S... wondering what they based their "knowledge/opinion on to say this is definitively the C4S?

The pics I've got on my computer screen to grand me the patience in my wait for the C4S are these 2, the black has a lot of camo and the white one is a render of a C2S but still... that's what I'm holding out for.
It seems to be working.

looks great with the red stripe no doubt, but i think because of the new back end, taillight design of the 991 there is almost no hope.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
looks great with the red stripe no doubt, but i think because of the new back end, taillight design of the 991 there is almost no hope.
Say it ain't so! LOL

The only thing that could be worse is that it won't be a wide body!
Talk about wasting time waiting for that might never happen...

I BELIEVE... for now.

Oh BTW I didn't read any reason why they state that this IS the new C4S... did you?

Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Carrera 4S spotted