997.1 to 991CS in GT Silver w/Full Black Leather.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Some pics
nice garage. full of porsche pix

Old 07-22-2012, 02:27 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Discounts devalue the brand. I wish they would leave discounting.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:48 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Great job, you got a good discount! Enjoy

Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Close up of GT Silver in sunlight.
Hi!

May I ask you for some more GT-silver pics please?
If possible in different lighting conditions ...... sometimes I believe GT-silver looks a little blueish / kind of light purple ..... but mostly under spotlights ...

These blueish would disturb me if it appears outside in real life as well .....

Best
Gregor

Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
My first remembrance of GT silver was on the Carrera GT. I believe it came originally with a brown color interior. I have it on my RS60 with red interior.

I think a good explanation would to to say it is a warm color where reds are warm and blues are cold. It also has a tendency to have more metallic content than most others. It seems to be darker than most light silvers.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sidney1
Hi!
sometimes I believe GT-silver looks a little blueish / kind of light purple ..... but mostly under spotlights ...

These blueish would disturb me if it appears outside in real life as well .....
Best
Gregor
From my experience, GT silver looks greyish-blue only inside or outside in the evening before dusk.
Looks fantastic at sunlight.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
I see it more in the slight brown tint to it, in the sun it does have a slight blue, but it's really hard to tell unless you take a picture in the sun. Pictures do no justice for that color.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
russdc is a name known to allrussdc is a name known to allrussdc is a name known to allrussdc is a name known to allrussdc is a name known to allrussdc is a name known to all
Love the color! Enjoy in good health

Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
I see it more in the slight brown tint to it, in the sun it does have a slight blue, but it's really hard to tell unless you take a picture in the sun. Pictures do no justice for that color.
Congrats on ur 991! its beautiful.

here are couple of pics i took showing the different shades of GTsilver before and after sunset.. and one next to a arctic silver (#19) coupe for comparison (yeah, its not easy to distinguish in bright sunlight)

BTW in real life, the blue hue is almost impossible to see under a bright sun, IMO. It shows more in photos. And the darker grey comes out as the sun goes down

Attached Images      
Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM
deucequattro is on a distinguished road
Good job on bartering them guys!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Grandmaster will become famous soon enough
how close to match the color would platinum silver be? I ordered mine PS, but cant seem to find a decent pic,
BTW, awesome car, beautiful combo
thanks guys

Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I have a hard time distinguishing between platinum silver and GT silver...I test drove a PS 991 CS last week and almost pulled the trigger.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Platinum silver is lighter than GT Silver and looks to have a hint of gold/brown in direct sunlight. GT Silver is darker (in between Platinum Silver and Agate Grey). I am told it has more metal flake in, which makes it take on different characteristics depending on what time of day it is and what colors are next to it (very reflective). I have not seen GT Silver in person on an actual vehicle, just the large painted sample at the dealership, however I did order it. Excited to see it in person for the first time!!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
You will not be disappointed in GT silver. It is a special color for a reason!!

Old 08-25-2012, 02:09 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Love the GT Silver. Any pics next to a Platinum Silver car?