Trading my 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Is the GTS in the pic,...Your actual car?
Stock photo or you took it?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
tstires is on a distinguished road
It is my actual car. Here are a few others.

Attached Images     

Last edited by tstires; 09-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tstires
Sloopy -- you are impressed with the fact that a Porsche customer rep. from a call center followed up on a customer service survey?? First -- the true test of customer service is how a dealer or manufacturer deals with a problem situation. You asked nothing of Porsche so how could you possibly be dissastified? If and when you encounter a real issue (and I hope you don't) then you will find out as did I that there is virtually no concern for the customer on the part of Porcshe NA and individually we are all viewed as statisically insignificant. This may well be a problem trend with all manufacturers but going forward I personally refuse to pay the Porsche premium and financially support this arrogance/ignorance.
I get what you are saying. In 04 I had a problem with my 3ed Mercedes and they told me to pound sand. I am a man of principles and this does not go well with me, so I will never own another one. I would rather walk or ride (god forgive me) public transportation than drive one of their cars.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Ya want to send me the Porsche Sign/ Lettering from your wall?

Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Nice choice. I actually spent a little more time than I expected at the Maserati dealer today in Dallas (TX, that is). SERIOUSLY considering moving from my beloved GTS to a GT-S from another mother.

Just trying to figure out if there's any wiggle-room in the price...

Old 09-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Nice choice. I actually spent a little more time than I expected at the Maserati dealer today in Dallas (TX, that is). SERIOUSLY considering moving from my beloved GTS to a GT-S from another mother.

Just trying to figure out if there's any wiggle-room in the price...
I almost did too... ohhhh that sound!
Just a heads up though, with the GT-S ya get hit with the "gas-guzzler" tax and (in Canada, maybe not US) a separately added import tax plus the shipping and prep/inspection cost are quiet high compared to Porsche's (4K).

Make sure you test drive it for a longer period of time, First time was awesome, 2nd time I wanted to drive it for at least an hour and found the seats to be uncomfortable enough for it to be the primary reason I did not get the GT-S... but that sound!

Also there's a face-lift (outside & inside) for the 2013 model coupes but for the cabs it won't be till 2014 so if ya get a deal on a 2012... there's a reason.
All and all a very beautiful vehicle however it you are getting a GT car, it may sound like a sports car but handle like a 911 it doesn't.

Cheers.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Reading this post bring back bad memories.

I personally think all of the brand has the same issue. I've dealt with Toyota, Nissan, Mini, Ducati, Land Rover, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Ferrari and Porsche. When you own one of their car that has serious issue, they turn the other way.

But I found the Dealership plays an important role, so I always change dealer before changing brand.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
After the long saga with my 911S I recently received a photo from the dealer I traded her to. While the manager of the dealership was stopped at a light he was rear ended by an Escalade traveling at a relatively high rate of speed and the result is seen in the attached photo. Vehicle was a total loss. Just thought some of you may be interested in seeing the picture. The vehicle protected the occupant well as he only had minor injuries.

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM
raidentech can only hope to improve
Add Content

Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
OUCH

After the long saga with my 911S I recently received a photo from the dealer I traded her to. While the manager of the dealership was stopped at a light he was rear ended by an Escalade traveling at a relatively high rate of speed and the result is seen in the attached photo. Vehicle was a total loss. Just thought some of you may be interested in seeing the picture. The vehicle protected the occupant well as he only had minor injuries.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
It's so unfortunate...the stupid drivers rear ending others car with absolutely no fault of the others..I've gotten struck by that a couple of times..of course insurance takes care of it but the car is never the same!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
So... The manager of the Maserati dealer was driving a Porsche?? Nice

Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Ouch

So... The manager of the Maserati dealer was driving a Porsche?? Nice
Was thinking the same thing.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
$400 for an oil change are you serious? Awesome new car and the best color combo available IMO. Do you miss PDK/Manual with the normal automatic in the GT-S?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
The Maserati dealership owner also owns the local Porsche dealership so Maserati staff driving a Porsche is not unusual (Porsche loaners are far cheaper than Maserati loaners). I don't miss the PDK as the GT-Sport has more than enough power to overcome the power loss associated with automatics. The shifting program in the 2013 GT's is also more aggressive than in prior years and the shifts are extremely fast and seemless -- actually seems less "jerky" than the PDK was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading my 991