Trading my 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
tstires is on a distinguished road
Trading my 991

First let me say this forum has been a great source of information. I have had at least one Porsche for the last ten years (8 during that time) and in a few weeks for the first time in those ten years there will be none in my garage. After a series of issues with my 2012 911S launch car and what can only be described as a horrendous dealer experience I am moving on. Porcshe customer service was equally non-responsive and the regional manager will not even return a customer's call unless he wants to. I will miss the 911S as it is really a great car made by a car company which in my experience has little respect for its customers. Due from Italy shortly . . .a 2013 Maserati Gran Turismo Sport.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear. I dont think you will enjoy any vehicle from Maserati as much as a Porsche. Try another dealer maybe?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Also very sorry to hear! Would you mind sharing your experiences? Did you use lemon law? Have you tried talking to the chief tech (Cliff Blackshear) at Boardwalk Porsche?

ChuckJ

Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Was dealing with Wyoming Valley Motors. A series of issues inlcuding the dealer overheating the engine/exhaust sufficient enough to warp heat shields while replacing a file water pump. Same dealer than refuses to perform WC25 recall update claiming they cannot tie up their shop performing such an extensive recall and turn away paid work. I was looking for Porsche's assistance in intervening with another dealer about trasnportation as I am over 2 hours away from next dealer and also having the car evaluated after the overheat condition. Porsche customer care took messages but no further response ever received and regional rep refused to call me back. After spending the money I have over the years I would never invest another penny with a company that treats customers this way whether I like their products or not.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Sorry for your issues. I think using the Lemon Law would have saved you a lot of money, however. It's easy and effective if you use an arbitrator and it gets their attention big time. I did that with a Honda back in '07.

ChuckJ

Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Hope your experience with maserati turns out to be more positive. Italian cars are not very reliable. Arrogant dealers exist in almost all brands, while most are good or acceptable some are rogue ones indeed. No harm in trying another brand. Either you'll like it or you won't.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
NO matter how thin you fry the pancake, there are always two sides...

My Bravo Sierra detector has pinned the needle on the quote, " Same dealer than refuses to perform WC25 recall update claiming they cannot tie up their shop performing such an extensive recall and turn away paid work."

Old 08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
I'd avoid the Maserati if I were you. It's known as the cheaper Ferrari and they don't hold their values very well compared to Lamborghini. Look at how much a used grand turismo goes for in the auction, you will be dissapointed. Plus if you get a gallardo, you get 3 years unlimited mileage warranty, and that covers the clutch too! Plus they have specials right now, 10,999 down, 1999 a month, that friggin cheap. 2500 miles is about right, since I'd only use it for clubbing or parking in front of my favorite restaurants. Thats what I'd do, that or wait for cabrera or Aventador.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
What about the Audi R8 V10 2013 refresh? Maybe best value for money than italians...

Sad to say, but there really is no substitute

Old 08-22-2012, 04:12 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you spoken with PCNA? A well written letter on Attorney letterhead usually gets attention. I know this is a longshot, but here in Los Angeles, there is a newscast that relishes in exposing stuff like this if everything you say is true. Think about going to your local news station to try to get redemption and if nothing else, cast a poor spotlight over the dealership to a much larger audience.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. As for the R8 I woud certainly consider it but it is not available right now. I had my share of issues with the early A8's I owned but Audi seems to have gotten their act together. My 2012 A7 has been great so far as has my wife's 2.0T Q5. I firmly believe I could have prevailed aginst Porsche in either arbitration or lemon law proceedings but honestly don't have the time or energy to fight that battle. I work incredibly long hours to afford these toys to get some enjoyment and when they become an aggravation and hassle it's time to move on. A lousy dealer is one thing and I'm sure there are vmany of them but a high line manufacturer who does not stand behind their products or customers is another. As for Maserati quality and reliability has improved markedly in recent years especially with their adoption of the German ZF transmissions and depreciation is on par with most luxury brands -- trade a highly optioned Porsche and see what you get. The 991 is a great car and by far in my opinion the best 911 yet but Porcshe's corporate culture is moving in the wrong direction which may have something to do with VW ownership influence.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Porsche

Old 08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Rod, I forgot what this thread was about when I saw your Avatar

Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I am sorry, Rod's avatar distracted me... What were we talking about

In all seriousness, good luck mate. Had a similar issue with my first run 2010 X5M. After 5 BMW's in 6 years, 4 of them M's, I couldn't get BMW to step up either. Major engine malfunction and had to fly designer of the Turbos for that engine in from Germany without a fix to be found. After 120+ days in shop, they "graciously" offered to let me order another.

NO THANKS!

Can completely understand your POV. Good luck. Italians are a little tempermental at times, but nothing comes close in comparison. Different cars, both great in their own rights!

J

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
Rod, I forgot what this thread was about when I saw your Avatar
Could we have full screen avatars with 'retina dispaly' resolution in the future?
Where's the car on this pic BTW?

Sorry, back to the thread topic...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading my 991