Marina Ace has sailed...anyone's car on it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
thats terrible!
Do you mean that they should get more money for looking things up?.... Or the opposite?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Do you mean that they should get more money for looking things up?.... Or the opposite?
i would hope that looking something like that up comes with the 6 figure price of the car! i would hate to see their response to a customers call about warranty work

Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
nova996 is on a distinguished road
i would hope that looking something like that up comes with the 6 figure price of the car! i would hate to see their response to a customers call about warranty work
Well, the dealer gets paid for warranty work, so there is money to be made there.

To be fair to my dealer, I wonder if they are just perplexed by my need to know all of this.

Having said that, if I didn't insist on seeing the order sheet from the computer directly two months ago, I wouldn't have caught a couple of major mistakes with the initial order. That would have been a disaster! So more information is definitely better, but I feel like I'm the only one at this dealership who is asking for all of this.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
You are so right David. One does wonder.

On a different note.... Stop tempting me with all those 991 goodies on your site!!!

Originally Posted by nova996
Well, the dealer gets paid for warranty work, so there is money to be made there.

To be fair to my dealer, I wonder if they are just perplexed by my need to know all of this.

Having said that, if I didn't insist on seeing the order sheet from the computer directly two months ago, I wouldn't have caught a couple of major mistakes with the initial order. That would have been a disaster! So more information is definitely better, but I feel like I'm the only one at this dealership who is asking for all of this.
I don't think it's odd for a customer to know core issues about an order including the order spec, status, and delivery. Most P car owners are enthusiasts and as such are interested in production details etc. I've got to admit that I'm even enjoying the cheap thrill of tracking online the boat my car is on! It's ridiculous.... but I like it.

Dealers that are worth their salt are aware of their customers requirements and survive.... Those that aren't should and sometimes do perish!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
ABC991 is on a distinguished road
Yes, my baby is also on Marina Ace

After completing my 2400km awesome drive through Europe, I dropped my car in Stuttgart on July 28th. It has finally been loaded on a ship, Marina Ace. Oddly enough it's my wife's 40 th birthday on the same day Marina Ace is supposed to arrive in Brunswick. Brunswick is a stones throw from Sea Island and the Cloisters where we will be celebrating her birthday. My eyes will be searching that horizon for marina ace!

Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by ABC991
After completing my 2400km awesome drive through Europe, I dropped my car in Stuttgart on July 28th. It has finally been loaded on a ship, Marina Ace. Oddly enough it's my wife's 40 th birthday on the same day Marina Ace is supposed to arrive in Brunswick. Brunswick is a stones throw from Sea Island and the Cloisters where we will be celebrating her birthday. My eyes will be searching that horizon for marina ace!
We're shipmates! (of sorts ) I can't believe that it's taken so long to get your car on a boat. What pills have you been taking to stay calm?

Well here's an advance birthday greeting to your wife. I'm sure she won't mind you swimming out to the marina Ace and giving it a shove or two!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
You are so right David. One does wonder.

On a different note.... Stop tempting me with all those 991 goodies on your site!!!
do it do it!!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor

they are in a customer service driven industry! without their customers they go out of business, when i bought a mini cooper a few years ago the dealer emailed ME with the status of the car before i even asked... and i think mini owners are about on par with P-car owners as far as being enthusiasts and being "into" cars. Hell, sometimes i have customers asking me to send pictures of their exhausts being welded they're paying my salary, its not my job to wonder why they make such requests, its my job to make them happy and come back.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:32 AM
do it do it!!
Its all evil stuff!... but for me only a matter of time before I capitulate

Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Billyii is on a distinguished road
My S was built last week and is already on the Marina Ace which left Emden during the night. ETA Brunswick is the 23rd. Anyone else have their car on it?

My build date was September 3 so I think my car could be on the Marina Ace scheduled to arrive in Houston on 9/26. It also might be (hopefully) on the Seven Seas which arrived at the port of Emden Germany on August 31. However, I don't know if the Seven Seas left Emden after my build date or how long it takes a car to get from the factory to Emden. It does not seem very likely that my car could be on the Seven Seas which arrives in Houston on September 17.

I would appreciate it, if all of you who have cars on the Marina Ace could give me your build dates or if any of you have a build date near my build date could let me know what ship your car is on.

Thanks

Billy

Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Billyii
My build date was September 3 so I think my car could be on the Marina Ace scheduled to arrive in Houston on 9/26. It also might be (hopefully) on the Seven Seas which arrived at the port of Emden Germany on August 31. However, I don't know if the Seven Seas left Emden after my build date or how long it takes a car to get from the factory to Emden. It does not seem very likely that my car could be on the Seven Seas which arrives in Houston on September 17.
The Seven Seas arrived on Davisville (the port I'm watching for my car) on Sept 12. So that means it probably left Emden on Sept 1 or Sept 2. I think it's probably very unlikely your car made it on that one.

I would appreciate it, if all of you who have cars on the Marina Ace could give me your build dates or if any of you have a build date near my build date could let me know what ship your car is on.
We're 90% certain my car is on the Marina Ace also. Build date was 9/4. Of course my car is coming from a different factory than yours.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Billyii

Thanks

Billy
Billy, my car was completed on the September 6th and was on the Marina Ace on the 9th and the ship is scheduled to be in Brunswick GA on the 23rd. I was extremely lucky with the timing of everything.

Are you quite sure your car is on the Marina Ace? I'm not sure the ship goes on to Houston from Brunswick.

I just checked and the Seven Seas Highway is the ship thats going to Houston which I think your car must be on:
Next port HOUSTON
ETA Sep 17, 18:00
IMO 9238521
Speed 17.9 kn / 206 °
Last report Sep 13, 2012 11:22 UTC

Last edited by Haku; 09-14-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Are you quite sure your car is on the Marina Ace? I'm not sure the ship goes on to Houston from Brunswick.

I just checked and the Seven Seas Highway is the ship thats going to Houston which I think your car must be on:
Next port HOUSTON
IMO 9238521
Speed 17.9 kn / 206 °
Well, I've been watching this the past couple of months, and last fall when we got our TDI Touareg (which is shipped by the same contractor) and I don't think I've seen any ships that go only to Brunswick. All the ones I've seen go to Brunswick and at least Davisville and/or Houston.

The Seven Seas left Emden around Sept 1/2, so that seems unlikely. The Seven Seas also stopped at Davisville.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Billyii is on a distinguished road
Billy, my car was completed on the September 6th and was on the Marina Ace on the 9th and the ship is scheduled to be in Brunswick GA on the 23rd. I was extremely lucky with the timing of everything.

Next port HOUSTON
IMO 9238521
Speed 17.9 kn / 206 °
According to the Port of Houston website, the Marina Ace is scheduled to dock there on 9/26. http://info.poha.com/vtraffic/arrivals.html

It would certainly be good if it is on the Seven Seas. But, as nova996 said, I too, have my doubts if there was time for the car to be loaded on the Seven Seas.

Well, I've been watching this the past couple of months, and last fall when we got our TDI Touareg (which is shipped by the same contractor) and I don't think I've seen any ships that go only to Brunswick. All the ones I've seen go to Brunswick and at least Davisville and/or Houston.

The Seven Seas left Emden around Sept 1/2, so that seems unlikely. The Seven Seas also stopped at Davisville.
I agree, it does seem unlikely.

Thanks to both of you for helping me in trying to determine which ship my car is on. My salesman is off today but I will give him a call tomorrow or Monday. In the meantime, maybe someone with a build date of 9/3 or near will post.

The wait is getting long as the time drawss near.

Again, thanks for posting.

Billy

Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Well, the weekend approacheth and for all of us who are waiting the good news is that those propellers keep churning through the weekend! Every day is a day closer. In the meanwhile there's always this thread and.... beer!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marina Ace has sailed...anyone's car on it?