Rear Lettering Placement HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdc
hmmm, look like it is .01 inch too far to the right to me... please try again ; D
Haha Eddie Murphy... Don't make me paranoid!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DBYT
After much bashing of teeth and measurement, with a few corrections due to the contour of the rear end, I managed to get the factory PORSCHE lettering back on. Looks straight to me. Also added 911 with a red S.

To my eye, the aesthetics look better than having the 997 Carrera and S on the back. Maybe the chrome lettering provided a more up to date look and I think the font size complements the new back end better.

Now on to the next mod...
wow nice job. what kind of glue did you use?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
No glue, just the adhesive on the back of the letters.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Haha Eddie Murphy... Don't make me paranoid!
Oh wait, one more thing, the spacing between S and C is not consistence with the rest of the letter spacing either. Ha ha ha, look great and a job well done.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Really looks fine!

Did you consider using 991 instead of 911?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fantom
Really looks fine!

I am thinking about doing that, just to confuse the non porsche crowd ; D

Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by fantom
Really looks fine!

Did not even occur to me.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Darren, it does really look good!

I was going to do something similar. I wanted to 'write' in the back Little Devil in Italian, and match the License Plate.

But it will take me awhile before I can change anything that Zuffenhausen did...

Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by ale70
Darren, it does really look good!

I was going to do something similar. I wanted to 'write' in the back Little Devil in Italian, and match the License Plate.

But it will take me awhile before I can change anything that Zuffenhausen did...
Reminds me of a few years back when I ordered a Ferrari and was going to get "VF CULO" as a number plate....wife torpedoed the whole thing...

Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
ahahahah that is Hilarious!

Although you know that if your custom license plate can be offensive in any language, they would take it away from you....at least in NY State.

That would read Volunteer Firefighter Culo!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Vittorio Francisco Culo, my long lost uncle...

Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Ahahahah. Second time I fall off the chair. Well, it's time to go smoke while staring at her......

Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
You need to clear your pm inbox...I just sent a pm and they bounced it. Said your quota was full.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I just did!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
After much nashing of teeth and measurement, with a few corrections due to the contour of the rear end, I managed to get the factory PORSCHE lettering back on. Looks straight to me. Also added 911 with a red S.

To my eye, the aesthetics look better than having the 997 Carrera and S on the back. Maybe the chrome lettering provided a more up to date look and I think the font size complements the new back end better.

Now on to the next mod...
Job WELL-DONE!!! yes!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Lettering Placement HELP