19 years of Guards Red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mtbscott
I've always liked the way that a handful of Porsche colors have been constants almost since their beginnings. I've always wanted a Guards Red Porsche and now I have one. Here's mine and my friend's 1994 964 Turbo 3.6.

Goes well with the tow-away zone red!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Beautiful! Guards red has always been one of my favorite colors. Use it in good health!

One of my favorite cars! Well done! Love the license plate, too

Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Guards Red or GT Silver

In the next days, I will close the deal for a S. I hesitate between the Guards Red and the GT Silver. My concern about the Guards Red is that many times, red cars change color with the time, caused by the sun. Also, because it is not metallic, normally swirls appears easily.

What is your experience with Guards Red?

Red or Silver, I'm going with the aerokit and black wheels....

Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 AM
mtbscott will become famous soon enoughmtbscott will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hotmetal
In the next days, I will close the deal for a S. I hesitate between the Guards Red and the GT Silver. My concern about the Guards Red is that many times, red cars change color with the time, caused by the sun. Also, because it is not metallic, normally swirls appears easily.

What is your experience with Guards Red?

Red or Silver, I'm going with the aerokit and black wheels....
You are correct that red shows swirls almost as badly as black does, but so far using nothing but microfiber towels on my car has prevented any from forming. I think my buddy's car speaks for itself. 19 years old, 70K miles or so, still looking pretty red.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Swirls are not a problem if the car is cleaned correctly.

If you already have swirls, the following link will showcase two items that will solve the problem and keep it from returning.

http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-...FYZM4AodvUQAcg

The Menzerna polish works like a miracle and will not harm the clear cote. I used a Flex orbital buffer to apply, and never had to repeat the process for three years on my red ZO6.

I'd purchased the car which was sitting on the showroom for two months, and its paint was a disaster to say the least. But none of the swirls would "catch" a fingernail, so I knew I could get it back to perfect condition with the Menzerna.

The Wolfgang sealant goes on easily and its hard finish lasts a long time; it will help to prevent future swirl marks when applying detail spray, etc.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Thank you for the advise.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
good time ; D

Love the picture ! ah... good time, seems like yesterday

Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I love the deep color and shine I can get on mine!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Goes well with the tow-away zone red!
Just noticed that