Center radiator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
Center radiator

Does anyone have a Carrera Power kit option that hasa center radiator? How does it change the appearance of the front?

I love my 2013 C4S that I just got a week ago, but the center plastic part of the front bumper just doesn't look good to me. I'm wondering if there is a center radiator kit that I can install to change that appearance as well as maybe get added benefit of having my engine run cooler?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
MD,

Show us your beautiful car and you'll get responses

Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I live in Dubai, and drive a standard 2012 991 C2S without powerkit option. It has the center radiator because of the horrendously hot climate we encounter in summer. 120 F is pretty typical. I think all cars in this region get the center radiator. I will try to post pictures of the front.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
Sorry, I should have told you I posted pictures on another thread, "The New 991 C4S!!"

Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by aamersa
I live in Dubai, and drive a standard 2012 991 C2S without powerkit option. It has the center radiator because of the horrendously hot climate we encounter in summer. 120 F is pretty typical. I think all cars in this region get the center radiator. I will try to post pictures of the front.
Thanks! Would love to see how it looks in the front!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Suncoast has a centre radiator kit. http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=991SENGINEPER

Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
Suncoast has a centre radiator kit. http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=991SENGINEPER
Thanks! It would be nice to see how it looks on a regular bumper like the one that I have if anyone has a picture.

I like the color of your car! Just like mine!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
This thread on Rennlist might be able to help you out. He has a C4S with power kit. Front looks the same.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=42630

Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Ajax-Prime will become famous soon enough
This thread on Rennlist might be able to help you out. He has a C4S with power kit. Front looks the same.
Actually, instead of the rather plain plastic cap that the non center radiator cars come with, it looks like there is a bit of honeycomb pattern just to the left of the license plate on that car.

His other pics don't really have enough light to tell.

Last edited by Ajax-Prime; 01-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info!

That car has the sport design kit w/ a different front bumper, but when I look very closely, the center part which is what I'm interested in does show an opening w/ the radiator showing through rather than what I think is boring plastic cap.

I'm leaning toward getting a center radiator done partly as an appearance upgrade and maybe it will help in the summer in California or on a track. Hopefully parts & labor won't be more than $1k which would be cheaper than other just a cosmetic bumper upgrade; I actually like the clean look of the OEM front bumper other than the plastic center cap. Any thoughts? Am I crazy considering this?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I know what you mean but our cars are so new that after market suppliers have not had time to come up with parts for the car yet. I would love the have a Rennline type mesh grille in place of the centre black plastic piece but nothing like it yet.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Schunmd
Thanks for the info!

That car has the sport design kit w/ a different front bumper, but when I look very closely, the center part which is what I'm interested in does show an opening w/ the radiator showing through rather than what I think is boring plastic cap.

I'm leaning toward getting a center radiator done partly as an appearance upgrade and maybe it will help in the summer in California or on a track. Hopefully parts & labor won't be more than $1k which would be cheaper than other just a cosmetic bumper upgrade; I actually like the clean look of the OEM front bumper other than the plastic center cap. Any thoughts? Am I crazy considering this?

Alright, I can help ya with this because i was planning on doing the same thing!
At my porsche dealer I got a quote of something like 400 bucks for the part (radiator, clamps, hoses, trim pieces etc.) I actually ordered it even though I don't have my C4s yet... yep I already have a pile of stuff and no car to put it on!

According to the shop manager the install is very easy and takes less than 2 hrs... the vacuuming of the coolant system and recharging with coolant... that's the part that takes the most time (not incl. in the 2 hrs).

I was going to have it done when the car gets prep after delivery at the same time as having my PSE customized, highflow air filters installed, fill in the blank buttons on the center console and have the WTF button and wiring installed (for the extra set of valves I'm having put on the PSE) etc. etc.
This means that I wouldn't be charged for the coolant vacuum/refill part of the 3rd radiator install.

However... after seeing what it actually looks like (see red 991 below) I reminds me too much of a scare peg in a round hole...as apposed to being receded and covered with a grill or mesh.
Then I found out that the new GT3 will be released within the next few months (fingers crossed) so I decided to install the 3rd radiator in combination with a GT3 front end (bumper).
It shouldn't be much longer than a 4 week wait by the time I actually receive my C4S.

Damn... another long @ss post!

Cheers!

3rd radiator in a standard 991 C2S bumper.

3rd radiator in a GT3 bumper with partial camo... but you get the idea.

Edit....
Here's a better pic of what the 3rd radiator looks like on the GT3, except this is the cup car so there is a slight design difference in the look of the road going GT3.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-22-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Sid,
Which filters are you going with?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Alright, I can help ya with this because i was planning on doing the same thing!
At my porsche dealer I got a quote of something like 400 bucks for the part (radiator, clamps, hoses, trim pieces etc.) I actually ordered it even though I don't have my C4s yet... yep I already have a pile of stuff and no car to put it on!

According to the shop manager the install is very easy and takes less than 2 hrs... the vacuuming of the coolant system and recharging with coolant... that's the part that takes the most time (not incl. in the 2 hrs).

I was going to have it done when the car gets prep after delivery at the same time as having my PSE customized, highflow air filters installed, fill in the blank buttons on the center console and have the WTF button and wiring installed (for the extra set of valves I'm having put on the PSE) etc. etc.
This means that I wouldn't be charged for the coolant vacuum/refill part of the 3rd radiator install.

However... after seeing what it actually looks like (see red 991 below) I reminds me too much of a scare peg in a round hole...as apposed to being receded and covered with a grill or mesh.
Then I found out that the new GT3 will be released within the next few months (fingers crossed) so I decided to install the 3rd radiator in combination with a GT3 front end (bumper).
It shouldn't be much longer than a 4 week wait by the time I actually receive my C4S.

Damn... another long @ss post!

Cheers!

3rd radiator in a standard 991 C2S bumper.

3rd radiator in a GT3 bumper with partial camo... but you get the idea.

Edit....
Here's a better pic of what the 3rd radiator looks like on the GT3, except this is the cup car so there is a slight design difference in the look of the road going GT3.

Hey Sid, I knew you would have answers for this!

GT 3 front is a good choice, but will be more costly. Looking at the red 991 front, I think I would be satisfied with that look; just don't want a plug in the front like I have now. I guess I am kind of used to the front of my previous GT3s. Basically I want every part of my 991 to look functional with purpose, if you know what I mean.

Man, you got lot planned for your baby! Can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Sid,
Which filters are you going with?
BMC

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center radiator