GP Automotive Renewal Service + Clear Film Removal/Install - Porsche Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up GP Automotive Renewal Service + Clear Film Removal/Install - Porsche Carrera

Initial wheel cleaning using non-acidic wheel cleaner gel

Wheels further cleaned using a unique polishing soap

Wheels rinsed

Tailpipes cleaned using polishing soap

Initial wash using All-Natural Soap

Wash mitt rinsed after every panel. Assures no contamination put back into wash bucket

Exterior rinsed after every panel. Dirt encapsulated in soap suds, and quickly rinsed off

Exterior dried using microfiber drying towels and forced filtered air

Paint and glass surfaces decontaminated using clay

All surfaces were in pretty good shape

Initial clear film condition. This film was installed only a few months ago

Cut marks into plastic lens

Cut marks in mirrors

Light sanding and polishing slightly minimized cuts, but unfortunately, cuts are too deep and require repaint of both mirrors

Nearly four hours later, and all film removed. This 991 had a full hood, full fender, full bumper, headlights, and mirrors covered with film. We take our time and remove film slowly to minimize chance of paint lifting from panels. There is definitely an element of the unknown and each film we remove, we let client know of the risk of what may arise. In this case, the previous installation was simply unacceptable, and client was willing to take risk

What sets our application apart is attention to detail. Every panel that is to have film applied goes through a process of paint decontamination and paint correction. All imperfections such as debris, tar, tree sap, swirls, scratches, etc. are removed to best of our ability. We also touch up small rock chips as well. This assures us a pristine surface that is optically void of imperfections.

We use a unique technique of steaming the film to allow it to properly wrap around complex curves. This allows us to push the envelope and have few relief cuts as possible

Clear film installation complete

Attached Images                                         
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel door wrapped and tucked around. Most installs only come to the edge of door leaving the film with exposed edge

Close up - top corner edge on hood and fender intersection

Film wrapped all around the mirror, instead of partial from previous install. Since Xpel Ultimate is so optically clear, the cut marks from previous install show through

Rear bumper tucked in properly. Tail light will later be polished to remove light scratches

Exterior taped up and ready for machine polishing

Some bird droppings etched certain areas on roof

Light sanding of paint

Sanding and polishing complete

A very deep scratch required light sanding as well

Compounding paint

Polishing paint

Complete

All Phase 3 services receive a light machine polishing to bring out the brilliance in the paint

A unique Nano paint sealant is applied to both paint and clear film surfaces. This product is a revolutionary carnauba wax infused with nano. Result is high gloss and depth while maintaining hyper durability

Wheels are cleaned and waxed

Tires are cleaned and conditioned

Exterior black trim cleaned and conditioned

Even inside the louvers

Tail pipes polished

We only use genuine Porsche replacement emblems

Porsche doesn't make it easy to replace these things. Each letter has to be placed back into correct spot. This is when attention to detail and experience comes in

Check to make sure all lights and markers function properly

After a proper vacuuming of interior, leather is cleaned using an All-Natural Leather Cleaner

Ready for leather conditioner

Leather conditioning in progress

Once conditioner is absorbed in leather, all that remains is a supple feel and a clean satin look

All plastic and vinyl surfaces cleaned and conditioned

Attached Images                                         

Last edited by MoeMistry; 01-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Premium Sponsor

Carpets cleaned

Glass surfaces cleaned using All-Natural Glass Cleaner

Door jams cleaned and waxed

Final touch. Only the top 5% of cars we're proud of ever get this label. It's our unique way that shows we're proud of the work we've done, and now the client is handed the torch and will be carrying forward the journey. Cars with this label are on a routine program and everyone is assured that proper care is of highest concern. What's really neat, is now dealers and fellow enthusiasts are seeing these labels around when our clients sell their cars. You know you're getting a pristine Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. when it has this exclusive GP label

5:30 AM...We delivered this 991 to our client at Cars and Coffee. She was joined by a 993 and 997.2 that day. It was a chilly 34 degrees; too cold for us SoCal folks

Attached Images                

Last edited by MoeMistry; 01-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
Wish I lived in Cali-would have definitely brought my car to you guys. Beautiful work-it is great to see that some people actually take pride in their work. Simply amazing keep up the great service!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Moe, Your work is AMAZING!! 2nd to None!! I am impressed beyond. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I do admire the attention the car got. If every customer of yours gets that same level, then you will be in business for some time to come.

Thanks for sharing your steps in photos

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by TOPorschefan
Wish I lived in Cali-would have definitely brought my car to you guys. Beautiful work-it is great to see that some people actually take pride in their work. Simply amazing keep up the great service!
Thank you for encouragement. As you can see, we really do love what we do

Originally Posted by dhill911
Moe, Your work is AMAZING!! 2nd to None!! I am impressed beyond. Thanks for sharing.
I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I do admire the attention the car got. If every customer of yours gets that same level, then you will be in business for some time to come.

Thanks for sharing your steps in photos
Thanks!! This level of service is our typical Phase 3 and film installation. On higher level details, obviously we have more time to address more things. We've been around since 1995, and part of why we're still here is the passion and enjoyment we get working on these amazing cars. Appreciate you taking time to check it out.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Meh, I can do the same thing at my local $5 Do-It-Yourself Pay N Spray Carwash.

<kidding>
Great work, sirs.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:50 AM
kristoreie is on a distinguished road
Wish I lived in Cali-would have definitely brought my car to you guys

Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Please consider opening a shop in SoFL. No state income tax, we're not bankrupt, and we have only a slight problem casting voting ballots.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
As always, fantastic work Moe! For those of you who don't know Moe, he has been doing this a long time and is well known locally for his attention to detail and standing behind his work. He 's also a big supporter of the local Orange County chapter of the PCA, a reall car guy, and an all around nice guy.

And no, I have no business relationship or monetary gain from "plugging" his business. He detailed my old NSX nearly 10 years ago now and I am just happy to be able to recommend a honest, local businessman and enthusiast. He isn't the cheapest, but in the case of detailing... you often really do get what you pay for. I highly recommend Moe and his team.

BTW - one question for you Moe. I'm surprised to see that your clear bra installer is wearing a bracelet in one of those pictures. I would think you and your guys remove all jewelry, belt bucklest, etc. that might inadvertently scratch or mar the vehicle. Just curious..

Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
Mo, thanks again, my car is doing great and I am so happy with the job you did. I have not forgotten about the E-type, still waiting for it to come back.

If you live in Southern California please use MO, people who do this good of a job should be awarded.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Heist
Meh, I can do the same thing at my local $5 Do-It-Yourself Pay N Spray Carwash.

<kidding>
Great work, sirs.
Wise guy

Originally Posted by kristoreie
Wish I lived in Cali-would have definitely brought my car to you guys
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by fantom
Please consider opening a shop in SoFL. No state income tax, we're not bankrupt, and we have only a slight problem casting voting ballots.
With what's going on in this state, if it weren't for the porsche community and the weather, we'd relocate. I've been told 80% of all Porsches made are here in SoCal.

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
As always, fantastic work Moe! For those of you who don't know Moe, he has been doing this a long time and is well known locally for his attention to detail and standing behind his work. He 's also a big supporter of the local Orange County chapter of the PCA, a reall car guy, and an all around nice guy.

And no, I have no business relationship or monetary gain from "plugging" his business. He detailed my old NSX nearly 10 years ago now and I am just happy to be able to recommend a honest, local businessman and enthusiast. He isn't the cheapest, but in the case of detailing... you often really do get what you pay for. I highly recommend Moe and his team.

BTW - one question for you Moe. I'm surprised to see that your clear bra installer is wearing a bracelet in one of those pictures. I would think you and your guys remove all jewelry, belt bucklest, etc. that might inadvertently scratch or mar the vehicle. Just curious..
Thanks again for kind words Christian.

As for jewelry, I personally don't wear any when working. I noticed that too when I was going through the pictures about our clear film installer. Some guys have been doing it so long, it's just second nature to them and they feel comfortable with wearing things. I'll have them do what I do and make sure we don't take unnecessary risks.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Airportrat
Mo, thanks again, my car is doing great and I am so happy with the job you did. I have not forgotten about the E-type, still waiting for it to come back.

If you live in Southern California please use MO, people who do this good of a job should be awarded.
Thanks again... I'm hoping threads like this shed light on what we do and the amount of labor and skill involved in working on these cars. I wish Porsche had a certification program like they do for techs in order to work on their cars. It would help everyone out. Until then, we'll just keep doing what we do and keep pushing the envelope.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Stunning work Moe.
Question: you supplied me with Einzett products a while ago which I use and am happy with. Is einzett polish wax (for new paint) ok to use on clear film? I'm not sure whether its a nano polish or not.

If not, which product would you recommend or supply that is great for the entire car (front has ClearGuard X)?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GP Automotive Renewal Service + Clear Film Removal/Install - Porsche Carrera