Cleaning our wheels ... how to avoid them getting dirty from the rotor rust ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Get ceramic brakes, otherwise - unfortunately - you will have to live with wiping it down.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.autogeek.net/hydes-serum-rust-stopper.html

Try this. I use this on my 991's rotors every time I have to do a traditional wash. Works like a charm!

Hope this helps and saves you guys from having to clean 'clean' wheels of rotor rust!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:24 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
http://www.autogeek.net/hydes-serum-rust-stopper.html

Try this. I use this on my 991's rotors every time I have to do a traditional wash. Works like a charm!

Hope this helps and saves you guys from having to clean 'clean' wheels of rotor rust!
Greatly appreciated, I ordered it, thanks ... am open to other suggestions as well !!

Old 09-05-2015, 08:39 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I've also been having good luck with the Hydes product. The only other solution I've come up with is to wash the car and dry it, then wash the wheels right before taking a ride, which helps prevent rust buildup on the rotors. The wheels can then be touched up with detail spray and tire shine for the perfect finish.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
I just drive my car with brake dust on the wheels, it's a car, they get dirty.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:20 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
I just hit my rotors (and wheels) with my air gun when I'm done. Works perfectly.