Build Delayed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Lebreeze will become famous soon enoughLebreeze will become famous soon enough
What's ornamental hood emblem look like?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
rrrandall is on a distinguished road
f

[QUOTE=Haku;3780234]Unless I missed it, you didn't list the type of wheels you've chosen.
We are going with the 20" Carerra S wheels, which we like, but perhaps the Fuchs 20" in the future.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
I believe it's just a fancy name for the stock emblem. Great color:

Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lebreeze
It's the Porsche crest on the hood. I need something to lean my hand on when I close the frunk.

I'd prefer it in silver rather than gold but will see how it looks in the car before changing.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Further Delays

Production was scheduled for February, with delivery in March, I am now looking at getting the car in mid-July. I have the computer printout and the production has bee rescheduled 10 times. The dealership staff have never seen this many reschedulings.

I know it will be worth the wait. Since I traded my 911 in December, I am beginning to suffer Porsche withdrawal symptoms.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
That is a long wait, but I am sure you will be super happy with the new 991. That red looks great too!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Car is now completing paint, so it is finally in production. We should have it by mid-July...sigh.

I knoiw it will be worth the wait.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end. My build was delayed due to the glass roof but it was worth the extra wait.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Finally!

Just found out that our car is built and is at the port due to be loaded on 5/17/2013.

Possibly a first- or second-week in July delivery.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rrrandall
Just found out that our car is built and is at the port due to be loaded on 5/17/2013.

Now that's some awesome news

Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rrrandall

You mean first/second week in June?

The wait is almost over... you now have to watch Maritime traffic to see the ship get lost in the Atlantic somewhere and then miraculously appear at the port! I tell you, that is agonizing but it is most definitely worth it!!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by ae911
You mean first/second week in June?

The wait is almost over... you now have to watch Maritime traffic to see the ship get lost in the Atlantic somewhere and then miraculously appear at the port! I tell you, that is agonizing but it is most definitely worth it!!!!
We need to wait for the ship to unload in San Diego after East Coast stops, then a few days to get to Phoenix and prep. Unfortunately, it is July.

I now have the Maritime Traffic app, so will be tracking as soon as I get the ship name. Tracking may speed up or prolong the wait for me!

Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
After a long wait, we finally picked up the 911 late last week. It is really an incredible vehicle. We are working on rolling up the break-in miles so we can more fully enjoy it.

I would call Ameranth Red more of a burnt copper color in the sun.

Dick

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1006.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	261605  

Last edited by rrrandall; 07-17-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
That color is fantastic, I wish it had been available when I was ordering.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Vegasguy will become famous soon enough
This past March I bought a CPO'd 2012 Carrera Cpe. (991) from the local dealer. Anthracite Brown Metallic/Luxor Beige. I was blissfully enjoying my “new” Carrera, until I saw the new Amaranth Red Metallic, and knew I had to have that color. In April, even though I had the 2012 C2 for just a month, I went back to the dealer and “pre-traded” for an ordered 2014 C2S: Amaranth Red Metallic/Luxor Beige. I was originally given a delivery date of September 13th. But the car completed build on July 5th, and was at the Port of Emden (Germany) on July 9th. It should be on a ship to San Diego any day now, and I should have it a few weeks early, in August (hopefully !!).
The pictures of your beautiful C2S helps me to know that I did the right thing. And as you pointed out, the wait is tough, but I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
Enjoy your new P-Car in good health !!!

Last edited by Vegasguy; 07-18-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Typo