991 Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:30 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by certified_prime
You know, I recently listened to The PSE. I have to say I like my standard exhaust better. It is nice and refined, and wails at high rpms nicely. The PSE is more throaty.

if you Do go PSE, get The switch so you can choose between modes.

Thanks. Good thinking.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Thanks. Good thinking.
Another less expensive option is to get the OEM exhaust and tips from a 991 S - from someone who has changed over to PSE. I did that last week and when I picked up the original parts the Porsche tech he told me that that 991 owners were after them. I asked why.

He told me the four pipe tips looked better than the ovals and the muffler had more capacity and was thus more free flowing that the 991 muffler, and an easy off and on change.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Another less expensive option is to get the OEM exhaust and tips from a 991 S - from someone who has changed over to PSE. I did that last week and when I picked up the original parts the Porsche tech he told me that that 991 owners were after them. I asked why.

He told me the four pipe tips looked better than the ovals and the muffler had more capacity and was thus more free flowing that the 991 muffler, and an easy off and on change.
Wow, interesting idea, Chuck! So did you get a brand new set of S pipes, or the used ones? Was it expensive? Thanks.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Wow, interesting idea, Chuck! So did you get a brand new set of S pipes, or the used ones? Was it expensive? Thanks.
Hopefully someone will do a dyno test to see performance changes (could be down).

ChuckJ

Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Hopefully someone will do a dyno test to see performance changes (could be down).

ChuckJ
According to the Porsche tech it was up. He is the guy who services the GT3s there so I have no reason to doubt him.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I got the PSE. it came with all the required parts including new pipes.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 PM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
I bought the PSE. Porsche agreed to install it for free (due to the recall). Total cost after PCA discount was about $2800.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by nicoff
I bought the PSE. Porsche agreed to install it for free (due to the recall). Total cost after PCA discount was about $2800.

Fair price.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
PorscheCrazy,

How do I find out if my car is part of the recall? I bought it from Jack Daniels too and maybe we can take the drive together. I am in Nassau County.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I checked with my dealer and was going to switch to PSE if it cost less than $3000 to do it during the recall. They said it would cost me $5,000 and I could keep the new (recall) mufflers. I'm a little ticked that I missed this one.

ChuckJ

Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by ale70
PorscheCrazy,

How do I find out if my car is part of the recall? I bought it from Jack Daniels too and maybe we can take the drive together. I am in Nassau County.
Ale - you should have gotten a letter by now - thus far I have gotten 2, the last one being that the manufacturing of the tailpipes have been delayed and they will let me know when they will be available. I think it affected base models manufactured from March to November 2012. Mine was a November build. You can call 800-PORSCHE to see if your car is affected. You just need to have your VIN available. As for driving to Jack Daniels, I have not decided whether I want to take it there of have a local dealer do it for example, South Shore Porsche. What do you think?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by nicoff
did they give the old parts back to you (and the replaced mufflers)

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
Ale - you should have gotten a letter by now - thus far I have gotten 2, the last one being that the manufacturing of the tailpipes have been delayed and they will let me know when they will be available. I think it affected base models manufactured from March to November 2012. Mine was a November build. You can call 800-PORSCHE to see if your car is affected. You just need to have your VIN available. As for driving to Jack Daniels, I have not decided whether I want to take it there of have a local dealer do it for example, South Shore Porsche. What do you think?
I went to Huntington Porsche for a flat tire and their service was impeccable. The only problem is the cost of everything. Oil Change at Jack Daniels I believe is $195. At Huntington is $325, I think....

Old 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by trovan
did they give the old parts back to you (and the replaced mufflers)
I did not get the old parts back. I asked if I could get them back and they said no. I did not press the issue since i felt that there was nothing I would have done with the old parts.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Talk about a near miss, my production date was March 5, 2012.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Recall