Had a little fun chasing a GT3 RS at Barber MSP this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vid, and wow so jealous 3 991 at the track, wish there are more PNW 991s on the track.

taking mine to PIR next Saturday, looking forward to seeing what the car can do

Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
very good driving...thanks for posting.

Is the data off a little....i thought the sound of the engine and the speed listed were not in synch.

Last edited by buck986; 03-25-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you guys for all your kind comments.

It is really the car that makes the difference, last time I was at Barber was summer 2012, I was driving a 2011 997 Turbo with MT and stock brakes, this time it was in the 991 Carrera S with PDK, PDCC, and ceramics. This time in the 991 I managed to shave 3 secs of my lap times compared to the Turbo, this just shows you how great this car is.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
Nicely done

Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
SxxB will become famous soon enoughSxxB will become famous soon enough
Has anybody maxed out the negative camber for the track work? If so, please post your camber values.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM
bluepr0 is on a distinguished road
They kind of have same acceleration, amazing!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SxxB
Has anybody maxed out the negative camber for the track work? If so, please post your camber values.
I have't done any negative cambering and I haven't felt the need for it, the PDCC is keeping the car flat through turns with minimal understeer.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
crewmember80 is on a distinguished road
Would love to join you guys. I'm in Atlanta too and had my first track experience last month, driving a SLS AMG and a Gallardo through Extremexperience.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buck986
very good driving...thanks for posting.

Is the data off a little....i thought the sound of the engine and the speed listed were not in synch.

good point buck, i thought that the speeds were off on the low side. btw what software/hardware system is that? thanks for educating me!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by opnielsen
I went to Barber this weekend with my good neighbors Serge and David to get the monthly adrenaline rush. In one of our sessions I zoomed in on one of my favorite track targets, the GT3 RS . Below is a short video clip from that session.
Nice video and driving indeed
For having observed it with you this week end, I find it disappointing that some people will not let you pass because they consider their car is 'faster'.
This is clearly the case of this GT3RS.
We have seen it a couple of times: a 991S can keep up with a GT3 (or even GT3RS) and at this point, it is down to the driver's skills. And you had clearly a better driving line.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by oldman40
good point buck, i thought that the speeds were off on the low side. btw what software/hardware system is that? thanks for educating me!
Yes disregard the speed, the GPS picks it up a couple of sec later then actual speed, I used Harry's Laptimer on my iPhone without external GPS antenna. For timing it's ok, for speed measuring not so much.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by crewmember80
Would love to join you guys. I'm in Atlanta too and had my first track experience last month, driving a SLS AMG and a Gallardo through Extremexperience.
crewmember80, I'm going out again with Chin Motorsports at Road Atlanta on May 4-5, you are more then welcome to join. PM me and we can coordinate.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Nice video and driving indeed
For having observed it with you this week end, I find it disappointing that some people will not let you pass because they consider their car is 'faster'.
This is clearly the case of this GT3RS.
We have seen it a couple of times: a 991S can keep up with a GT3 (or even GT3RS) and at this point, it is down to the driver's skills. And you had clearly a better driving line.
This is now all too common in many DE's.

It is an issue along with the following. (sorry to take this a little off topic)

IMHO as DE have gotten more popular and crowded and instructors have become more difficult to secure for all, drivers are promoted too early and the groups have many who don't belong.

I don't know the details of this Barber group, but from the small sampling of video I would question if the lotus driver should be there. I imagine he or she could be trying out racing lines but he didnt look smooth or on line to me.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Great video and driving. What event was that? I want to track my 991, but not sure which group to go with.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
Great video and driving. What event was that? I want to track my 991, but not sure which group to go with.

Thanks
This event was with Rezoom Motorsports, there are numerous events that you can join, however not all are recommendable for beginners. IMO the most professional and safe ones are hosted by Chin Motorsports www.chinmotorsports.com , only draw back is that they sell out very quickly, but it is also a good indicator that Chin is doing it right.

BMW events are also very professional, PCA events likewise, however you don't get as much seat time compared to Chin.

You can lookup events at www.motorsportsreg.com and feel free to PM me if you would like more information.