Maximum Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Maximum Speed

Does anyone know how to record your highest speed during a trip. I looked through the options on the PCM under the "INFO" setting - which give you trip data, how many miles, average speed, etc, but can't seem to find a setting for fastest recorded speed for a trip. There is something caledl velocity, I think, but don't think that is fastest speed recorder, or is it? Anyone know? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
If you can not find a way to do this using the car's on-board computer system, install an aftermarket portable GPS/NAVI unit.

I have a Garmin nuvi something or other (I can't recall the model number off hand). One of the things it records is max. speed. For every trip you'll have to navigate down into the settings menu deep enough to clear/zero this reading so the max reading is not stale.

Another way is to install an OBD2 data/trip logger which should among other things record max. speed per trip.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, thanks Macster. I have a Garmin but have not used it since I have PCM navigation. If PCM can't be programmed to give max speed, dragging the Garmin around is an option.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have Sport Chrono? Start this during your trip and every time after you restart your car, in case you have to get gas etc. When you finish the trip, download the data to a flash drive via USB then upload the data to Chronolyze.com.

It takes the data and displays on a map overlaid with your trip data, speed, RPMs, and so forth.

That's one way

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks Chup! I did not know about Chronolyze! I will give it a shot!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Do you have Sport Chrono? Start this during your trip and every time after you restart your car, in case you have to get gas etc. When you finish the trip, download the data to a flash drive via USB then upload the data to Chronolyze.com.

It takes the data and displays on a map overlaid with your trip data, speed, RPMs, and so forth.

That's one way
Wow, reps to you! Didn't know this.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Does anyone know how to record your highest speed during a trip. I looked through the options on the PCM under the "INFO" setting - which give you trip data, how many miles, average speed, etc, but can't seem to find a setting for fastest recorded speed for a trip. There is something caledl velocity, I think, but don't think that is fastest speed recorder, or is it? Anyone know? Thanks.
Under Car > Option > Set Car > Personal settings

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks tonyep. Will give it a shot!