TriState Area Meetup (NY/NJ/CT)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Traffic cops are nothing more than "glorified meter maids." And, yes, they will single out the guy in the high-end ride. Who the he$$ do these Porsche fat cats think they are anyway!

It seems as if the terrorism thing may be heating up once again; perhaps the powers that be will find a way to put these traffic-turkeys to better use. You know, like trying to spot the truck carrying the explosives before it reaches the planned destination ...
Tell me about it! This guy was loving it. Maybe he should be watching the bridge!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Size is on a distinguished road
seems like Mr. Officer had a bone to pick. Would he have done the same to a Ferrari guy? Pete - are traffic cops taught to "profile" (read as harass) us foreign sports car guys?

Old 04-16-2013, 03:32 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
The problem is what that 'See you in Court!' costs us in terms of time and missed revenues....

If the ticket is a nonsense, somebody should pay for that!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ale70
The problem is what that 'See you in Court!' costs us in terms of time and missed revenues....

If the ticket is a nonsense, somebody should pay for that!
Totally agree, but I am not just going to sit back and take a careless driving for no reason without a fight. Even though its less points than an improper turn (3 pts) I think it looks bad on the driving abstract. I am in the insurance biz so taking a few hours will not cost me too much. The ticket is only 2 points but I would rather keep my license at 0. Lawyer will try to get a court date that works.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
I completely agree. Probably, I would focus the defense on the fact that Careless Driving is exactly the opposite of what we do. No texting, no drinking, reading, eating involved...100% of the attention in driving, because that is what we love to do. So it cannot be considered 'careless'....

I would bring the receipt of the PSE, or a copy of the Fabrication Sheet for the judge to see that the PSE is factory installed.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Size
Pete - are traffic cops taught to "profile" (read as harass) us foreign sports car guys?
Actually, profiling is supposed to be taboo, but of course we know differently.

From years of experience I've determined it's definitely a socioeconomic thing. They don't just see the Porsche, or the Lambo: they see the attorney who screwed them during their divorce proceedings, or the high-priced orthodontist who crushed them with the cost of their kid's braces, or simply someone who's enjoying the "good life" while they're struggling to make the monthly mortgage payment. It's the "life just ain't fair" syndrome, and a ticket is their way of lashing out.

Believe it or not, the "real" cop who's out there "protecting and serving" normally has no respect for the highway cops.

Last edited by CarreraPete; 04-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Actually, profiling is supposed to be taboo, but of course we know differently.

From years of experience I've determined it's definitely a socioeconomic thing. They don't just see the Porsche, or the Lambo: they see the attorney who screwed them during their divorce proceedings, or the high-priced orthodontist who crushed them with the cost of their kid's braces, or simply someone who's enjoying the "good life" while they're struggling to make the monthly mortgage payment. It's the "life just ain't fair" syndrome, and a ticket is their way of lashing out.

Believe it or not, the "real" cop who's out there "protecting and serving" normally has no respect for the highway cops.
I can believe that. Harassing people (here's your ticket quota) instead of doing actual police work can't be a role anyone out there dealing with gang violence, narcotics, etc. thinks very highly of.

Unfortunately it enriches the governments doing it, otherwise it would get a hell of a lot less resources. Fines for the sake of filling coffers should really be outlawed in general, but no government is going to pass that law.