Carbon Fiber PDK Gear Selector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Carbon Fiber PDK Gear Selector

I just received my PDK Gear Selector from MACarbon, and it is a huge improvement over the PDK **** with the silly little round CF pieces...this is a nice upgrade. I am thrilled with the quality. Would go great in any interior since the center console is pretty much black. Really sweet. Here are some pics before/after and the Gear Selector on its own.

Attached Images    
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Had toyed with getting something like what you have. Was it easy installation?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Simple installation...as advertised...turn the lock collar at the bottom of the PDK **** and twist counter-clockwise...came off with a slight pull up. Reverse to install replacement ****.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcbh
i just received my pdk gear selector from macarbon, and it is a huge improvement over the pdk **** with the silly little round cf pieces...this is a nice upgrade. I am thrilled with the quality. Would go great in any interior since the center console is pretty much black. Really sweet. Here are some pics before/after and the gear selector on its own.
cost?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I kept my core Gear Selector so it was a bit more...I think if you send yours in it is $425 plus the $275 for the core that I bought (they provided, super-easy). Total was $700. Worth every penny.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Nice add on!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks Darren. Also ordered the Exclusive Option center armrest cover, fuse box covers in red leather with black stitching, and visors in black leather with red stitching. Get those next week. Can't wait!
Wanted to have those parts really pop...

Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fabulous, wow, nice

Old 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Nicoli, thanks! I love what you have done to your car. Enjoy!

Old 04-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Just got my Exclusive Option Carrera Red armrest with stitching...quality is amazing, color matching is perfect. What an elegant upgrade - stock armrest felt blah...this new armrest feels really elegant and matches the full leather interior really well. Very, very happy. Here are some pics before and after installation. I can't wait for my sun visors and fuse covers. Gonna be terrific. Get those in a few days.
Jeff

Attached Images    
Old 04-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Agreed! Looks fantastic!

Old 04-27-2013, 04:11 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Keeps getting better and better! One tasteful touch at a time!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCBH
Just got my Exclusive Option Carrera Red armrest with stitching...quality is amazing, color matching is perfect. What an elegant upgrade - stock armrest felt blah...this new armrest feels really elegant and matches the full leather interior really well. Very, very happy. Here are some pics before and after installation. I can't wait for my sun visors and fuse covers. Gonna be terrific. Get those in a few days.
Jeff
It looks fantastic! As a fellow red interior guy, I find the glare and reflections from the chrome trim to be an issue. Did you have the same experience? Have the carbon fiber trim improved things?

Keep up the great work. A real head turner!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Agreed! Looks fantastic!
Fester,
Got to see a 991 in PtAg with the espresso interior and matching cab roof today. Stunning how well the brown cast in the paint worked with the interior and top. I think I still like the unbroken line of the coupe, but man I could be talked into a cab with that color scheme.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by AG991
It looks fantastic! As a fellow red interior guy, I find the glare and reflections from the chrome trim to be an issue. Did you have the same experience? Have the carbon fiber trim improved things?

Keep up the great work. A real head turner!
Actually, was really odd - whomever ordered my cab forgot to order the center console trim in carbon (why that is not part of the carbon package I have no idea) but I quickly replaced it - mostly to match, but the glare (especially on a cab) was insane. As soon as the roof was lowered, it reflected the sunlight right at me!
The carbon interior works great with the red - not too much contrast and classy at the same time. Thanks for the kind words!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber PDK Gear Selector