OK, so a few complaints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:20 PM
fryem1220 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
The base is from ProClip. The iPhone 5 holder is from Kuda.

To mate them together takes some creative grinding of the Kuda iPhone 5 holder with a Dremel to make the bottom flat. Then bolting the two together with 6MM nuts/bolts.
Hey... love the setup. Just ordered the proclip and imega cradle. Would it be possible to let me know how much/what type of dremel work is needed to make it work? Did you also order the swivel from Kuda?

Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
I love this car, but I do have a few complaints...

The iPod interface. There is no regular iPod cable to plug in...you can only use USB. I understand the USB is probably a touch better quality, but you're exercising the iPod's battery with another recharge and also using the car's battery more.
Not really sure what you would rather have?. Are you saying you would want a native apple (either 30 pin or a lightning) cable built in? Not really sure why that would be any better. I think you are hinting that the audio would be better running over the native cable.. but that's not really an issue as it works fine over USB.

Battery wise, not sure what that issue is. You aren't really doing a charge cycle.. the USB just keeps the device topped off. Not really any different than a dock that most people keep on their desk that is plugged into their computer.

My bigger gripe with iphone integration with PCM is just that the sms/email is micky mouse.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
I love this car, but I do have a few complaints...

I guess if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Burmester sound system. The Bose is just okay to me. I'm not really complaining about this though since I had Bose on my previous two Carreras, Boxster, and Cayenne. Just an observation.
I tend to agree with you on the Burmester.. I wish I had gotten it, but my build locked before I had a chance to change my order..

But the Bose isn't really that bad. It sucks if you don't set it up right, first thing you have to do is turn on surround and then most of the sources sound significantly better.. And then the eq controls need to be pushed up. But as it comes from the factory it sounds pretty crappy..

I'd say it is tolerable, but I do wish I'd gotten Burmester..

Old 05-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by flyanddive
I regret not getting three things: The Burmester, ventilated seats, and adaptive sports seats.
LOVE the ventilated seats.. No more sweaty back on warm days and on longer trips.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Call 991
Yes, it's happened multiple times. Not sure what's going on, I've just been re-setting it.

You exceeded 99.99 hours of data

Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
This is wired into the glove box USB port:
I never noticed there was power port down there. Cool..

Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
mikedaoud is on a distinguished road

This is wired into the glove box USB port:
Hey, does this setup impede on the passenger at all?

Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
My only grips are with the Bose. I have fiddled with it from suggestion from others and it is better but not nearly as nice as my Burmester in my Panamera.

I have not had the long term mileage issue (2700 miles so far) I drive too much in the city and only get 14-15 so that is a complaint I guess. Of course if I would keep my foot out of it but then why own a Porsche if I did.