Time between build completion and arrival at dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 AM
DrGiggles is on a distinguished road
10 weeks from order to delivery. in US

Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Watch out, there is a serious danger to become OCD here! And I speak from experience. I went through this a bit over a year ago, see https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-s-vessel.html. It's fun, like OCD always is, but be aware of the time commitment.

In the end, it's statistically what your dealer tells you. There are just too many variables that could play a role. Build and QA delays, train schedule/slot to Emden, cars waiting for stevedoring there, international shipping schedules and routes, weather, weekends, customs and how many and what other kinds of cars are on the boat, truck schedules, dealer PDI, etc... All of these are factors and statistically deviations in each will cancel each other out, putting your car pretty much center on the bell curve that your dealer's estimate represents.

The danger here is that the Internet can give you just about enough information to predict things with a bit more detail than the dealer's statement does, but it's minimal and a huge effort and time sink. Albeit, as I said, great fun, too.

One day I literally got up early in the morning to watch my ship sail through the Panama gates via webcam. This after agonizing the night before when I realized that she anchored in the Panama lake instead of continuing its journey ("WTF?? Just continue you lazy bum! It's gonna delay my car!"). Another day, I tracked webcams in Newport Beach to spot my vessel sailing past Catalina Island... It's all documented in the thread above and I sure hope nobody will ever find out my true identity

As I said, OCD all the way

Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
On a related note, I never understood how Porsche Marketing could pass up on such a terrific marketing opportunity. The wait time is when a customer is ready to buy anything related to Porsche, merchandise or Kool-Aid. This is when they need to give you that first, free shot of heroin!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chancludo
Watch out, there is a serious danger to become OCD here! And I speak from experience. I went through this a bit over a year ago, see https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-s-vessel.html. It's fun, like OCD always is, but be aware of the time commitment.

In the end, it's statistically what your dealer tells you. There are just too many variables that could play a role. Build and QA delays, train schedule/slot to Emden, cars waiting for stevedoring there, international shipping schedules and routes, weather, weekends, customs and how many and what other kinds of cars are on the boat, truck schedules, dealer PDI, etc... All of these are factors and statistically deviations in each will cancel each other out, putting your car pretty much center on the bell curve that your dealer's estimate represents.

The danger here is that the Internet can give you just about enough information to predict things with a bit more detail than the dealer's statement does, but it's minimal and a huge effort and time sink. Albeit, as I said, great fun, too.

One day I literally got up early in the morning to watch my ship sail through the Panama gates via webcam. This after agonizing the night before when I realized that she anchored in the Panama lake instead of continuing its journey ("WTF?? Just continue you lazy bum! It's gonna delay my car!"). Another day, I tracked webcams in Newport Beach to spot my vessel sailing past Catalina Island... It's all documented in the thread above and I sure hope nobody will ever find out my true identity

As I said, OCD all the way
That's pretty wild. I promised myself I'd draw the line at not tracking my car on the ship!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Lebreeze will become famous soon enoughLebreeze will become famous soon enough
My 2014 enters the paint shop 6/7. On a side note just dropped painted and folding mirrors to start saving for the sport design mirrors

Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
My car got shipped out from Emden on May 11th, anyone else???? Heading towards Halifax.

I think my car is on the Seven Seas Highway, scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 20th.

Last edited by STALKER; 05-13-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STALKER
My car got shipped out from Emden on May 11th, anyone else???? Heading towards Halifax.

I think my car is on the Seven Seas Highway, scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 20th.
Not long to go!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 AM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eg991
Hello all - question for the wise folks on the forum. I locked an order on MY 2013 C2S coupe a few weeks ago with an expected build completion date of May 10th. The dealer tells me that the Porsche dealer software shows a 6 week delay between build completion and arrival at the port in the U.S. (Rhode Island in my case), followed by another week until arrival at the dealer in N.J. In my case, arrival at the port is estimated between June 14 and June 21, and arrival at the dealer is estimated by June 28. The dealer also said that based on his experience and my build date of May 10, he anticipates that my car may get here earlier. I'd appreciate if anyone in the Northeast who has ordered a car recently can tell me the time between build completion and arrival at the dealer. The wait is unbearable as it is, and I'm hoping my car surprises me in the middle of June.

My specs:

911 C2S coupe
White
Black standard interior
Premium Package plus
14-way power sports seats
Bose
7MT
Sport Chrono
SPASM
PSE
Sunroof in glass
Power folding exterior mirrors
Park assist (front and rear)
Multi-function steering wheel (heated)
Seatbelts in guards red
Smoking package
20" Carrera classics
5 mm spaces
Wheel cap colored Porshce crest

Thanks!
All - just an update. My car arrived yesterday, a couple of weeks ahead of schedule! So far, I've just drove it around town last night and into Manhattan this morning, so I haven't gotten to really open it up yet. But, I can say . . . what a beast! The sport exhaust is beyond awesome, and the car drives so nice and tight. Worlds better and more exhilirating than my M3. Talk about the "ultimate driving machine." I think the wrong company has that motto . . . I've attached a couple of iPhone pics. Can't figure out how to upload all of them, unfortunately.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	248469   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	248470  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I've managed to attach a few more pics. Can't convey how excited I am to have joined this exclusive club!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (9).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	248483   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (10).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	248484   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (11).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	248485   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (15).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	248486   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (14).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	248487  

Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Exactly my experience a year ago! And you'll find it doesn't stop

Car looks gorgeous! Now find some twisties and put it in sports (or sports+!) mode!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM
bmwrockzz is on a distinguished road
It's a lovely car .

Old 12-30-2017, 08:05 AM
tbird54 is on a distinguished road
At the end of Sept. 2017 I ordered a 2018 911 GTS. Production started within a week. The dealer told me the name of the cargo ship (The Pacific Coast Highway) and I could track its progress until it was delivered to the San Diego port 12/5. At that point no meaningful communication. I was renting a car day-by-day so it was driving me crazy. 12/20, I learned it was marked RFT (Ready for transit). 12/27 The Eagle landed at The Auto Gallery in LA. The car is amazing. 450HP manual / Bose / front-end lift / fire ext. / white metallic $122,400 net. If you are waiting for a delivery, know that the dealer is out of the loop once it hits the port.