Removing Stickers from Sun Visor

Old 11-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
Sticker enforcement agents are monitoring IP addresses 24/7.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
Just did this, nice easy upgrade.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 998M
Crap. Are there Sunvisor Police?!?
I am guessing that if they exist, it will be out here in California..

Old 11-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rapture1
Just did this, nice easy upgrade.
you mean downgrade? It's removal, not addition !!

By the way, love Chuckdbc comment re underwear stickers...

Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zelig
Sticker enforcement agents are monitoring IP addresses 24/7.
This would be funny if it weren't true...

Old 11-18-2013, 02:17 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Has anyone tried goo gone?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chiroporsche

Used it for other things. the issue is the smell last longer than rubbing alcohol. I think it smells terrible.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 PM
billco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
I think; too harsh. Certainly more harsh than is necessary. Alcohol works just fine.

After removing the sticker, there will be a nice shiny square where the sticker was. Just rub it with alcohol on a clean cotton cloth until it disappears.

PS: I know others have recommended 90% alcohol but I used 70% "Isopropyl Alcohol" and it worked just fine.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Dean Kewley is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

How wet do you need to get the sticker? As i've tried rubbing with 91% alcohol and the sticker doesn't want to come off.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:10 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dean Kewley
Hi everyone,

How wet do you need to get the sticker? As i've tried rubbing with 91% alcohol and the sticker doesn't want to come off.
You need to keep it wet for about 5-10 minutes before you can start to peel it back. Then keep it wet between the underside of the sticker and the visor itself as you slowly peel it back.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
those stickers are the worst thing about a porsche, im glad op made this thread.

also i dont even want to live in the same country MSCHWA3439 lives in. geesh!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dean Kewley
Hi everyone,

Try soaking a small sponge with the alcohol and hold the sponge against the sticker. the sponge allows more consistent wet coverage without making a mess.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:02 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Bumping this thread.
Did this last weekend and it worked great. Used regular strength alcohol on the first one and had some problems, but when I got some 91%, it went much easier. Also had to hunt down the 3M adhesive remover, but found some spray type at my local O'Reilly's.
Looks so much better, especially with them in full view in the cab. Reps to the OP.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:15 PM
BCS14 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for bumping.

Thought I would have to remove the visors just so I can set an alcohol soaked rag on top of the stickers and let it set for an hour or so. Glad to hear it can be achieved just by holding up said rag or soaked sponge for a few minutes or so. Really didn't want to go through the hassle of removing the visors.

Kudos to the OP for the thread.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:39 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I've done the removal thing on a prior Porsche, its a pain and takes nearly an hour per visor. On my 991, this is MUCH better, a simple inexpensive, ultra-thin piece of vinyl that goes on in less than a minute per side. When I show it to people, they don't even see it on the visor, that's how good the match is. Recommended. Plus, if you go to sell the car and a potential buyer complains the warning sticker is not there (or turn in a lease car) then its easy to remove. I'd show a photo of them on my car, but they wouldn't even show up in the camera so there is no point in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Sunv...item4ad96722d2

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing Stickers from Sun Visor