SRP racing pedals w/clutch extension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up SRP racing pedals w/clutch extension

Just wanted to show off the full manual heel-toe SRP racing pedal set with my (separate) clutch extension. I'm 5'6'' and can drive the car fine - but for me, the clutch pedal position on the car is uncomfortable when fully depressed. This is why I installed a high quality clutch extension. I can highly recommend this item to anyone who might wish for a bit more reach or a bit less clutch travel.

Yesterday I finally cut the pedal extension piece (which is fairly heavy gauge steel plate) to fit the SRP clutch pedal cover and am very pleased with the results. The car feels better than ever, somehow I hit my own personal sweet spot with the pedal setup on this final clutch pedal adjustment.

A quick test drive turned into a 100 mile-plus hoon up and down the northwest coast last night. When your car feels just right, all the time and effort you put into tuning the feel is finally justified! Anyway! Cheers folks, I truly love seeing your amazing P-cars!

Attached Images     

Last edited by nicoli; 05-29-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Wow that is quite an extension on the clutch! Glad you found your sweet spot. Doing so makes a manual so much more fun to drive. I have been thinking of doing something to make the heel toe feel better. Just might have to look into finally getting some of these.
By the way they look great! Nice job on the install. Did you have to drill new holes to install them?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, drilled new holes for the srp pedals. Documented it a bit here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...arrived-4.html

Mostly with this thread I wanted to let anyone out there know if they feel a bit stretched or uncomfortable at full-depress with the clutch, they can do something about it!

Drilling holes to secure the SRP racing pedals seems daunting, but with the right drill bit, it's not so bad. The heel-toe design is very helpful..they are also super grippy! Thanks again PorscheCrazy for the encouragement on following this through, very glad I did.

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Last edited by nicoli; 05-30-2013 at 09:43 PM.