6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/309809-glare-beige-dash-windshield.html)

dr bit 08-15-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 3916899)
I don't know to be honest. I saw some pictures on the OCarbon.com website. Haven't informed or anything yet. It looked pretty cool and thought it might look good on my interior. I'll see when my car arrives in march if I do these upgrades or not.

These are the pictures I was talking about:
Attachment 271098
Attachment 271099

o carbon uses 2x2 (double size of the pattern), but if you ask for 1x1 they can do it too, just the same size as Porsche and macarbon

Suzy991 08-15-2013 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dr bit (Post 3916912)

o carbon uses 2x2 (double size of the pattern), but if you ask for 1x1 they can do it too, just the same size as Porsche and macarbon

Okay, thanks. i like this double size pattern. Looks nice :)

dr bit 08-16-2013 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 3915970)

Thanks! :)
Yes I added the red leather back on the sportseats plus. ;)

Would you add leather in the back of sport seats of the cognac/ espresso or would you leave the aluminum color plastic thing?

Or maybe just the regular seats? Considering mahogany exterior and red seat belts.

Suzy991 08-16-2013 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by dr bit (Post 3917388)

Would you add leather in the back of sport seats of the cognac/ espresso or would you leave the aluminum color plastic thing?

Or maybe just the regular seats? Considering mahogany exterior and red seat belts.

Get the seats you like most. That is something very personal. There's a big difference between the seats. ALWAYS try them before ordering. If you go for the 18-way Adaptive Sportseats Plus, I would definitely get the back covered in leather. Should have been standard IMO. Don't like the plastic,grey, shiney look of the seats, especially when the interior has a brownish color.

But remember that the 18-way seats are tighter and can squeez. S always try them. If the 14-way suits you better, than you're lucky, because you save a lot of money ;)
I am small (5'4") and I felt immediatly more comfortable in the 18-way seats. For people that are taller (or wider), I can imagie that the 18-way seats are NOT the way to go.

dr bit 08-19-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 3915966)

You don't need leather to sample! Espresso-Cognac is a standard color in the 911 line-up, even when it's not on your configurator yet. It will be...
All cars get build in the same factory, so IMO they can't let you pay LTS money, because that option isn't on your country's configurator yet.
Make a point at your dealer about that. They just can't charge you extra money for it, other than the extra price for two-tone Natural leather. ($ 5,630 in the U.S on standard black interior)
LTS doesn't always take 6 months. It depends on what colors one choses. If it are standard Porsche colors, like I did, the it's maybe 2 months extra delivery time. Don't know for sure though, because mine was ordered for delivery in march 2014, so plenty of time and we didn't dicuss that fact.

I can understand why you want to wait for something you really want and I agree with you that waiting 4-6 months isn't that hard. For example... I waited 8 months to take delivery of an Audi S5 with some Audi Exclusive options. Those 8 months past without even noticing it. Unfortunatly it was my own fault that I drove the car for just 9 months, before we decided to move to Switzerland and I had to sell the car again...

I told my dealer about cognac/espresso is a standard color for 991, he says that the person who takes the orders in Germany said it wasn't.
I looked up in the german website to see if there is a way to ask directly this question, but didn't find it. Does anyone knows about a contact who may know if this will be an option for 991 in all regions?

Suzy991 08-19-2013 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by dr bit (Post 3919163)
I told my dealer about cognac/espresso is a standard color for 991, he says that the person who takes the orders in Germany said it wasn't.
I looked up in the german website to see if there is a way to ask directly this question, but didn't find it. Does anyone knows about a contact who may know if this will be an option for 991 in all regions?

The Espresso-Cognac interior is on the configurator for Porsche Latin America.
http://www.porsche.com/latin-america...elatinamerica/

Mayby you could contact them about your question. There's "contact us" button or you could call them:
Porsche Latin America Inc.
200 S Biscayne Blvd #4620 Miami, FL 33131, United States
+1 786-206-7244

dr bit 08-19-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 3919165)
The Espresso-Cognac interior is on the configurator for Porsche Latin America.
http://www.porsche.com/latin-america...elatinamerica/

Mayby you could contact them about your question. There's "contact us" button or you could call them:
Porsche Latin America Inc.
200 S Biscayne Blvd #4620 Miami, FL 33131, United States
+1 786-206-7244

Thanks so much again Suzy

SanibelSpeed 09-02-2013 10:07 AM

I asked the question and then proceeded to order the beige dash, anyway. Now that I have my car I have the answer: Yes, there is a LOT of glare but polarized sunglasses makes it completely disappear. When not using glasses I haven't found the glare to be a problem, however. It's like tinnitus and eye "floaters": if you don't think about either, you don't notice them but if all you do is concentrate on it, then that's all you see (or hear).

A black dash would probably have been smarter and the red stitching would've looked great against the black but it gets complicated when ordering that because you then want to get all the plastic bits in black and that means the carpet is black, too, something I didn't want.

Suzy991 09-02-2013 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed (Post 3929208)
I asked the question and then proceeded to order the beige dash, anyway. Now that I have my car I have the answer: Yes, there is a LOT of glare but polarized sunglasses makes it completely disappear. When not using glasses I haven't found the glare to be a problem, however. It's like tinnitus and eye "floaters": if you don't think about either, you don't notice them but if all you do is concentrate on it, then that's all you see (or hear).

A black dash would probably have been smarter and the red stitching would've looked great against the black but it gets complicated when ordering that because you then want to get all the plastic bits in black and that means the carpet is black, too, something I didn't want.

A possible alternative would be the two-tone black-luxor beige, with seperate optioned red deviated stitching and luxor beige carpet. Of course the center console and steering wheel would also be black in that case.

vjd3 09-02-2013 10:46 AM

They gave me a black Boxster as a loaner last week and the reflection was just as evident as it is on my Carrera red dash. More about the windshield angle and reflectivity of the center panel material than color, I think.

chuckbdc 09-02-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 3929216)
A possible alternative would be the two-tone black-luxor beige, with seperate optioned red deviated stitching and luxor beige carpet. Of course the center console and steering wheel would also be black in that case.

If I had Sanibel's car, I would want that red stitching reflected at all times.

Suzy991 09-02-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbdc (Post 3929343)

If I had Sanibel's car, I would want that red stitching reflected at all times.

LOL I get it... That way it looks you got double the stitching for the same money! ;)

dr bit 09-02-2013 09:09 PM

I ordered the second CS2 last week, followed Suzy's recomendations matching the mahogany exterior, I went with espresso/cognac, they opened the option for Latin America last week.
Deviated stitching in espresso on the cognac parts and viceversa.
Black instruments, red seat belts.
My fist order was supposed to arrive in October, now for the new one the contract says December 31st, hopefully I might get it a week early as Xmas present.
They couldn't cancel the first order, so I will be able to see my first configuration same exterior/beige interiors/red stitching.

mas8002mi 09-03-2013 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my dash which clearly shows the glare.....
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine=1378252725

I did try a grey and black interior--- the glare for both of them is about 70% less than the beige.

Without my sunglasses it is pretty bad, but I love the beige interior, so I went ahead and got what I wanted. Just have to remember wearing my polarized glasses every time :) no regrets.

dr bit 09-04-2013 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by mas8002mi (Post 3930156)
Here is my dash which clearly shows the glare.....
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine=1378252725

I did try a grey and black interior--- the glare for both of them is about 70% less than the beige.

Without my sunglasses it is pretty bad, but I love the beige interior, so I went ahead and got what I wanted. Just have to remember wearing my polarized glasses every time :) no regrets.

It is beautifull, the CF matches really nice w the beige.